Bubble Top See Through Cockpit

Big, Powerful, and Heavy
new reply
Old Crow
Airman Basic

Bubble Top See Through Cockpit

Post by Old Crow »

Good Day,
I am really puzzled as to what is going on with my Bubble Top T-bolt's. I have the WOP Series and the WWII Series installed in my FSX/Acceleration.
When the Stand Alone P-47 Razorback was Updated to FSX/SP2 standards, I found that my WOP T-bolt's no longer had cockpit textures in the Sim. I checked the folders and found that the WWII "Stand Alone" Razorback had Interior Textures, whereas the WOP T-bolt's did not, so I copied the textures to the WOP Texture Folders. The WOP Razorbacks now have cockpit textures in the Sim, but the Bubble Top versions still do not, even though they have the interior textures in their folders. I am very much confussed by this. When I fly a Razorback "WWII or WOP" in the Sim, they are fine, but the Bubble Tops have no textures showing in the cockpit and I can see thru everything from spot view. Since the Bubble Top is my favorite T-bolt, I am very much interested in figuring out how to get my cockpits to show up. Thank You Very Much in Advance for a solution to this problem....and....am I the only one with this problem? I have not seen anything about this "here or anywhere else".

I am running WinXP SP2 on a Dual Core 2.4Ghz, 3Gig Ram, Nvidia 7950 Ultra 512Mg. PC

Dana

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Re: Bubble Top See Through Cockpit

Post by CodyValkyrie »

I'll try to help explain what is going here. Sorry for the confusion.

Essentially the FSX SP2/Acceleration patch is only for the Razorback models and the solo package. The entire P-47 package however has not gotten that treatment, therefor the bubbletop versions are not patched. I have no idea if A2A plans to do so either, as this is a rather legacy product.

Your best bet is to get your Razorback models working using the patch and utilize that particular plane. The bubbletop versions however will have issues. You could probably fiddle around with the textures a bit, but it will still suffer some of the issues that most portovers are having. I am sure someone here could better walk you through the procedure than I.

All of this cropped up with SP2 and Acceleration as the plane was originally a port over from FS9. As such, there are texture issues... You will notice that the bubbletop versions show clouds through the props, etc. As of now, the only native FSX P-47 is the razorback model.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Old Crow
Airman Basic

Post by Old Crow »

Thanks for the reply Cody. I understand that there are issues with the legacy status of the WOP planes. The only issue "for me anyway" is that the prop blur hides behind some clouds, other than that almost all of the WOP aircraft work fine with Acceleration. The only plane, I have sever issues with is the Bubble Top. Other than the textures not showing up in the cockpit, the plane looks and flies beautifully. It just seems strange that the WOP Razorback is fixed by adding the textures from the WWII Razorback, but the Bubble Top is not. Are the textures from the Bubble Top so different....ie: different naming or different format. I am just hoping that there is a way to get textures to show up.
Thanks again.
Dana

Test Pilot
Senior Airman

Post by Test Pilot »

Old Crow,
I have ported over the FS9 Thunderbolt pack as well, but I have gotten the textures to work. Really the only issue I have at all is that the key assignments for dropping bombs/tanks dont work and I have to use the cockpit levers. (To save some frame rates, I do however tend to fly in perfectly clear weather so I dont get those prop errors, though Im sure Id have these errors as well if I did have clouds on....) Did you check this topic out? http://shockwaveproductions.com/forum/v ... d5c93c09dd The last post, Rob details which files exactly to transfer and from where to the individual texture folders to get the textures working properly from the FS9 models to FSX.

Hope that helps....

Old Crow
Airman Basic

Post by Old Crow »

Test Pilot,
I don't know how to thank you! :shock: That is all it took. I don't know how I missed that info, I have searched high and low numerous times. I am not sure, but I think when the Razorback got updated it must have removed those textures. Prior to the update my Bubble Top's were ok.....weird.
Anyway, next round is on me. :wink:

Test Pilot
Senior Airman

Post by Test Pilot »

Glad I could help! It took me a while to get the thunderbolt all sorted out myself moving it from FS9 to FSX.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Thank you for this thread! I ported over my D-25, D-30, M and N models to FSX last night and the bubbletopped T-bolts look and behave surprisingly well.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

new reply

Return to “Republic P47 "Thunderbolt"”