Bombs and tanks...

It's big, powerful, and fast.
new reply
Flashman
Airman First Class

Bombs and tanks...

Post by Flashman »

Hi,

how do i get a clean aircraft without bombs or external tank? I presume it can be done as some of the screen shots show it.

I have tried reducing the payload for bombs and rockets to zero, and operating the release droppable objects control but they are still there, even with a load of zero.

also have tried the release drop tanks control with no success (though I know this control is a bit rubbish within FSX, quite often the tank onl;y releases on the P40 if you use the VC control rather than a keyboard command)

Any help appreciated!
ImageHave you been touched by his Noodly Appendage?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Bombs and tanks...

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Bring up the 2d panel on load and there are two new little square buttons along with the normal comms/radios buttons etc. One is to make rockets go the other the bombs.

Re: Drop Tanks, you should press twice I believe. Remember one push in an aircraft is asking for trouble, so first push is to arm and second to actually drop.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Flashman
Airman First Class

Post by Flashman »

Hi there, thanks for the prompt reply!

I actually found the bomb and tank release buttons in the cockpit :oops: for some reason i didnt think they worked originally, but they do and the bombs release/ disappear

But thanks for pointing out the controls on the 2D panel i didnt know about those.

As for the drop tank command...I have always had problems with those on various aircraft. for some reason FSX doesnt like to release them by using a switch/ key command.

The fuel disappears, but the tanks stay on the aircraft unless you operate the tooltip control within the VC...not sure why...

When I used to repair army helicopters we would call it 'finger trouble' when the piltos thought there was a fault but actually just couldnt use the controls properly...its probably just that with me! :roll:
ImageHave you been touched by his Noodly Appendage?

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

You have to operate the VC handles twice to make the bombs/tanks drop. The first time you move each handle it 'arms' each external store. The second time you pull each handle is when they actually release the bombs and tank.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

new reply

Return to “P47 Thunderbolt”