reverse thrust

BIG, double-deck, four-engine, medium to long range, high altitude, high speed, commercial transport airplane
Andydigital
Airman First Class

Post by Andydigital »

I followed your instructions to the letter and every time when pressing and holding F2 the throttle levers go back then up and further back, and every time the engines die after a few seconds and the co-pilot says that the engines are idling a bit low.

bkshn59
Airman Basic

Post by bkshn59 »

Would screen shots help at all?
Brian

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

Thanks for offer but screenshots won't help here.
We've already made a fix, it's possible that we will contact you just before release to confirm this works for you.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

bkshn59
Airman Basic

Post by bkshn59 »

No problem.

I did find out one thing though - don't try to test reverse thrust with the parking brake on. :lol:
Brian

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

ROB - A2A wrote:Thanks for offer but screenshots won't help here.
We've already made a fix, it's possible that we will contact you just before release to confirm this works for you.

regards
ROB
Hi Rob...check your PM's for some info that may prove useful.

Paul

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

It is good to see that a fix is already in the works for the reverse thrust problem. I have just made do with landing at longer runways because I can manage to get it into reverse thrust but like everyone else the engines die. Occassionally I get an error where when I try to enter reverse thrust the throttle levers just kind of shake back and forth at the idle position and then I lose all throttle control until I reload the aircraft. Sounds similar to what someone else was describing. I must commend everyone on the attention to detail and the in depth systems. Especially when it comes to the turbo charger system.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

SD_Research
A2A Major

Post by SD_Research »

ROB - A2A wrote:
Andydigital wrote:
Keep the engines above 1000 RPM before you enter the reverse end leave the reveree as soon as spossible.
It dies within a few seconds every time I use F2 regardless of what engine speed is shown on the tachometer. I just hope you get the fix out as soon as poss. I cant believe this was missed in beta testing or the engine number 4 starting as soon as selected. I presume the Beta testers are CTRL-E fanatics :lol:

FSX SP2.

cheers,

Andy.
I cannot recreate your problem. Can you do a ground (concrete runway) test: with parking brake off, mixture AUTO-RICH or FULL RICH, propeller RPM lever fully forward, throttle around idle but above 1000 RPM, press and hold the F2 key. Does the VC throttle levers go up and back? And, of course, do you engines die?

regards
ROB
Let us be clear on this. Reverse thrust, on this plane, is accomplished in the correct manner as with the real thing, by putting the props to a negative pitch and then giving the engines power. Some planes do this by requiring the pilot to first adjust the prop control to a reversed position and then pushing the throttles forward in a normal manner. The B377 handles all this with a single rearward movement of the throttle(s). This movement past the idle gate both puts the props into reverse pitch and progressively adds power as you pull the throttle(s) backward. However, at present, the ONLY way to do this is to use F2. To activate reverse thrust, pull your joystick throttle to just above idle. Press and hold F2 until your throttles move back to the desired amount of reverse thrust, certainly well above 1000 RPM. When the plane slows to the desired taxi speed, you then must use F3 (not your joystick throttle or the mouse) to move the throttles PAST the IDLE gate. At this time you can resume normal joystick control.

The reason for this procedure is a controller conflict between the joystick and keypress. It works fine but you may wish to assign a more convenient key than F2/F3 to these functions to make the keys easier to reach.

Andydigital
Airman First Class

Post by Andydigital »

All well and good saying all of that but it doesn't work!! even after following those instructions to the letter. I've tried it at many power settings even from as high as 1800+ rpm and it still dies within seconds of actually producing reverse thrust.

The daft thing is you can hear the engine sound increase in RPM when going into the reverse gate area but the gauges show otherwise and actual prop animation when viewed from the outside is actually reducing in speed and then stops the prop within seconds, and to confirm matters the Co-pilot even says the engines need more power otherwise it will foul the plugs.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Just to confirm, there is a problem with the reverse thrusters fouling out the engines. This problem has been fixed and will be released in the form of an update. So in the meantime, use the good old elevator and brakes to slow the aircraft down.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Stratocruiser”