reverse thrust

BIG, double-deck, four-engine, medium to long range, high altitude, high speed, commercial transport airplane
simme
Airman

reverse thrust

Post by simme »

Lewis this is an Awesome plane the more I fly it the better it gets. I do have one problem. I use GoFlight modules and have the GF-TQ6 (throttles) when I try to reverse thrust using the TQ6 levers the levers in the VC snap on and off (up and down) and the engines are oscillating from reverse to forward and forward to reverse. I do not have Accusim for the B377.

David

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hi David, ill have to let scott answer this as Ive no experience with the Go Flight stuff.

It could be somthing simple like the repeat setting on controls? Ive absolutly no idea how you go about mapping those controls??
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hi David,

Had a word with the office, The reverse thrust for the 377 was specially coded as FSX does not support such a feature for props and so does not map using normal means.

To map it I believe you may have to get creative out of sim. Hold down to reverse thrust from idle. I'd start there by trying to map F2 out of sim using whatever software GoFlight uses, so that when you pull the lever the computer thinks your pressing f2.

Sorry I cant be of much more help in this area David.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

simme
Airman

Post by simme »

Thank you Lewis. I'll give it a shot. If all else fails I can just use the F2 Key!!! :D Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Thanks again Lewis for your quick reply. Really awsome plane too. Best on the market for sure.

David

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

I think one thing must be explained here. What we have here is not a reverse thrust - well known in FS world - of a turbine engine. We have a piston engine here and this is Propeller Reverse. Propeller blades changes their pitch to negative values. The "engine" in "reverse" spins in the same direction, so as the propeller.
Thanks God, surprisingly, the Flight Simulator supports this feature - not so perfectly, however, as the turbine engine thrust reverse. Contrary to many other features, that don't work IF/WHEN the aircraft's engine is the piston engine - stock Fire Extinguishers, stock APU don't work with piston engine aircrafts - this feature is possible (what a luck) and what you see is the result of our best efforts.
Some problems are possible, especially with regard to controllers. Our solution is rather hardcoded and this is what we propose:

1. Move your Throttle all the way back to idle.
2. Press and hold F2 key to enter and increase the reverse
3. Press and hold F3 to decrease and leave the reverse.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

bkshn59
Airman Basic

Post by bkshn59 »

Having the same problem with the CH Throttle Quadrant. If I move the throttles to idle, hitting F2 keeps moving them back to the "closed" detent. I can here the reversers roaring - but shortly afterwards the engines die after some sarcastic comments from the engineer about how low the idle is.

However, I still think this is an AWESOME aircraft - the best I've ever experienced in FSX.
Brian

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

bkshn59 wrote:Having the same problem with the CH Throttle Quadrant. If I move the throttles to idle, hitting F2 keeps moving them back to the "closed" detent. I can here the reversers roaring - but shortly afterwards the engines die after some sarcastic comments from the engineer about how low the idle is.

However, I still think this is an AWESOME aircraft - the best I've ever experienced in FSX.
You might want to lower the sensitivity on your throttle. What is possibly happening is that small movements are being detected and returning it to idle.
ImageImage
ImageImage

bkshn59
Airman Basic

Post by bkshn59 »

You might want to lower the sensitivity on your throttle. What is possibly happening is that small movements are being detected and returning it to idle.

That isn't the problem. The throttle does go into reverse - I can see it in the sim. But the sim "reads" it as though it has been completely shut off and the engines die. It won't go back to idle unless I hold down the F3 key - but by then it's too late.
Brian

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

bkshn59 wrote: That isn't the problem. The throttle does go into reverse - I can see it in the sim. But the sim "reads" it as though it has been completely shut off and the engines die. It won't go back to idle unless I hold down the F3 key - but by then it's too late.
As Lewis said, this is the situation we are left with at this time.
Had a word with the office, The reverse thrust for the 377 was specially coded as FSX does not support such a feature for props and so does not map using normal means.
This means that at this time, the only way to enter reverse is to idle the throttle, move them backwards with F2, then move them forward when you no longer want reverse pitch thrust with F3 back into idle. It sounds like you are doing it correctly however.

The issue with the engines dying is being rectified as we speak and should be out shorty with a few other small fixes.

If this isn't what you were looking for, my sincerest apologies, we'll keep working on it until we have a solution for you.
ImageImage
ImageImage

bkshn59
Airman Basic

Post by bkshn59 »

The support you have given me is just as awesome as the aircraft itself! Thanks much - looking forward to the fix - and love flying this masterpiece. You all have done well. :D
Brian

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

bkshn59 wrote:The support you have given me is just as awesome as the aircraft itself! Thanks much - looking forward to the fix - and love flying this masterpiece. You all have done well. :D
Just glad to help bud. Let us know if there are any other issues.
ImageImage
ImageImage

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

Keep the engines above 1000 RPM before you enter the reverse end leave the reveree as soon as spossible. The engines won't die then.
Anyway, even without the reverse, the engines would die sooner or later if you are below 1000 RPM.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

Andydigital
Airman First Class

Post by Andydigital »

Keep the engines above 1000 RPM before you enter the reverse end leave the reveree as soon as spossible.
It dies within a few seconds every time I use F2 regardless of what engine speed is shown on the tachometer. I just hope you get the fix out as soon as poss. I cant believe this was missed in beta testing or the engine number 4 starting as soon as selected. I presume the Beta testers are CTRL-E fanatics :lol:

FSX SP2.

cheers,

Andy.

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

The fix will be available in incoming patch.
Some features were made in almost last hour, due to incompatibility between SP2 and Acceleration, so the testers had no ocassion to test them deeper. Belive me, they had to test a lot of features never met so far in FS and they made a great job.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

Andydigital wrote:
Keep the engines above 1000 RPM before you enter the reverse end leave the reveree as soon as spossible.
It dies within a few seconds every time I use F2 regardless of what engine speed is shown on the tachometer. I just hope you get the fix out as soon as poss. I cant believe this was missed in beta testing or the engine number 4 starting as soon as selected. I presume the Beta testers are CTRL-E fanatics :lol:

FSX SP2.

cheers,

Andy.
I cannot recreate your problem. Can you do a ground (concrete runway) test: with parking brake off, mixture AUTO-RICH or FULL RICH, propeller RPM lever fully forward, throttle around idle but above 1000 RPM, press and hold the F2 key. Does the VC throttle levers go up and back? And, of course, do you engines die?

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Stratocruiser”