Soupdragons Sound Mod

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
new reply
Tanyrhiew
Airman First Class

Soupdragons Sound Mod

Post by Tanyrhiew »

Does anyone still have soupys sound mod? It used to be hosted over at simhq but their download section is down since they moved servers a while back.

If anyone still has it and could host it say at filefront that would be grand!

Regards
Tanyrhiew

PV
BDG

Post by PV »

Tanyrhiew
Airman First Class

Wizard!

Post by Tanyrhiew »

Wizard job PV

bigpickle
Senior Airman

Post by bigpickle »

i cant get these to work i get an error when trying to listen to them on any media player :(
Red Baron: How lucky you English are to find the toilet so amusing. For us, it is a mundane and functional item. For you it is the basis of an entire culture.

vonduck1
Airman

Post by vonduck1 »

Same here - wont play in media player. Perhaps not the right format?

Anyway, where do they go? What folders should i place them in?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Doug
Intel Core2 Extreme QX9300(2.50GHz,1333 FSB) 8MB cache, 4GB DDR2 SDRAM @800MHz, GA 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS PCI-E, Gigabyte EX38-DS5 , SB Audigy 2ZS PCI Sound Card, Direct X 10, Vista Ultimate x64 SP1 , Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, TrackIR 4 Pro

Osram
BDG & A2A

Post by Osram »

They should work in game. To listen to them outside the game, AFAIK you need the chattool. In case you are interested, search the A2A forums for "chattool" amnd you find some hits which may or may not be interesting (no time to check).

vonduck1
Airman

Post by vonduck1 »

Thanks very much Osram - i noticed that i couldn't play the in game sounds too when selected. Thats ok - i just need to ask where do the files go? Couldn't see a read me anywhere?

Cheers

Doug
Intel Core2 Extreme QX9300(2.50GHz,1333 FSB) 8MB cache, 4GB DDR2 SDRAM @800MHz, GA 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS PCI-E, Gigabyte EX38-DS5 , SB Audigy 2ZS PCI Sound Card, Direct X 10, Vista Ultimate x64 SP1 , Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, TrackIR 4 Pro

Osram
BDG & A2A

Post by Osram »

I EXPECT them to be named like files in game - if so, make backups and overwrite the in game files with the Soupdragon files.

PV
BDG

Post by PV »

Ah, for the RAF files, there was a detailed instruction at avsims at one point, but they have reorganized the website several times and it was disappeared. you can find the associated forum post here: http://avsims.com/forums/index.php?topic=25.0

Basically, the original zips have been repackaged into one, as they no longer have a filesize limitation. If you burrow down through all the folder layers, the bottom layer folder names correspond to BoB2 subfolders, so just drop them in.

the_soupdragon
BDG

Post by the_soupdragon »

There should be readme files included in the zip files.
The files just go into your BoBII folder. But make sure you take backups of the following folders.

For Luftwaffe Sounds

LWOTHEXT
LWOTHER
LWPLYEXT
LWPLAYER
TOWER1

For RAF sounds

OTHER
OTHEXT
PLYEXT
PLAYER
TOWER0
GROUND

Tany Good to see you again mate. Hope your keeping well :)

SD

Tanyrhiew
Airman First Class

re:

Post by Tanyrhiew »

Also backup the zips so don't have to download them again when your hard drive goes bang like I did...

Hi, Soupy, hope all is well. Back in BoB world as you see, couldn't wait for Oleg any longer.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”