Repaint request AK803

A place where painters can discuss and share their work
MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Re: Repaint request AK803

Post by MkIV Hvd »

bladerunner900 wrote: 07 Jun 2020, 14:14 It happens. I do a paint and notice something weird and think, what about the others, aaargh!... noooo!...
Re-did a couple of my earlier P-40s too. Hmmmm. Till next time...
Ya know Steve, I was just re-reading this and I sincerely hope you took my comment as compliment regarding your perfectionist side and an affirmation of your highly trained brain :mrgreen:

It was definitely NOT a dig re: missed or forgotten details...just sayin'... :wink:

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Not to worry Rob. That comment about my brain, was a reference to a scene from Hitch-hikers Guide To The Galaxy and basically, self ridicule.

The story goes......
Some philosophers build a super intelligent computer and ask it "what is the meaning of life?" After years of computation it comes back with the answer of 42. Puzzled, they explain away their inability to understand the answer, by assuming that their brains are obviously too highly trained to grasp its meaning.

I totally missed the meaning behind Ron's statement further back. It flew straight over my head. Of course, once explained it was obvious and an example I think, of me overthinking something. If we were having this conversation face to face I doubt there would be any ambiguity. Body language, accent and attitude would be obvious and meaning would be self evident.

Stay safe guys and, peace.

Steve.

:)

Oh. By the way...

Nah! Just kidding. :wink:

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Dang, I completely missed the Hitchhikers' reference! Of course the ultimate answer to all this is 42!!! :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Actually... I thought PRESTONE label was a bit shiny so... yeah. :lol:

TatoBean
Airman First Class

Post by TatoBean »

MkIV Hvd wrote: 09 Jun 2020, 08:54 Dang, I completely missed the Hitchhikers' reference! Of course the ultimate answer to all this is 42!!! :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Rob
Rob this explains so much!!!! I’ve been operating for 34 years thinking the answer was 32! Obviously I forgot to carry the one. I blame it on my American education 🤣
Let the potato rest for 5 minutes.

new reply

Return to “Repainters”