Aaaagh!

A place where painters can discuss and share their work
new reply
Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Aaaagh!

Post by Ron Attwood »

I'll say it again. Aaaagh! I've just spent over an hour tweaking the flaps draft excluder thingies on the wing of this:

After peering at just one side for what seemed a lifetime, I zoomed out to see this:

I wouldn't mind but I was just about to nibble the remaining bits off!

Aaaaagh!

In through the nose, out through the mouth. :D

It was only after I deleted the work and was resigned to white flap thingies that I realised it was in two pieces. Doh! Doh! and double Doh!
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Aaaagh!

Post by Lewis - A2A »

group hug needed Ron?

PS, met one of your Saturday flyers whilst out here, we talked about Ron and Wine :mrgreen:
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

FoMoCo63
Senior Airman

Post by FoMoCo63 »

:)

The joys of painting. let us know how it turned out. Nice repaint sir.

CBris
Senior Airman

Post by CBris »

Been there, done that, had a rant or three... yep - it's a nerve-wracking experience. Hasn't anyone invented a 3D art program where you can drow the lines direct onto a 3d model. Oh yes. They have. 3DS Max... but going that way is where we could really use the modeller's help.

I have found a few modellers in the past who'll pull a few lines across their models and peel separate textures off, just for me as a repainter. They get peeved, but when they realise just how quick it can be done, they realise just how much attention we painters really do pay to detail. There's even been times when I have asked a modeller if he could adjust a few polygons too. It's a bit of a PITA for them, but when you want nice straight lines across two pieces of texture... it's easier if the mesh is adjusted, than to paint zig-zaggy lines...

In this case - a question Ron. Is this an issue where the flap cover strips need a separate lick of paint to the model? I can't remember atm if it was this or the Cessna 182 that has the option in the hangar. In which case, you need to check both configurations on a flying version of the paint.

And yes - that is a georgeous repaint. I have stopped most RW painting since I have had a couple of © disputes with the owners. I only do aircraft I know or fictionals these days - or ones where i could get away with "Fair Use" "Freedom of Panorama" type use.

Respect!
Chris Brisland, aka 'Dances with paintbrushes', aka EagleSkinner

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Lewis - A2A wrote:group hug needed Ron?

PS, met one of your Saturday flyers whilst out here, we talked about Ron and Wine :mrgreen:
Rob? Roman? Can't think who else. Tell him I said hello. :D
CBris wrote:Is this an issue where the flap cover strips need a separate lick of paint to the model?
That's the one. To my mind if you don't paint them and the user uses them they look terrible in a screen shot. As for getting into disputes with owners, I only had lovely emails from quite a few people now. They seem to love it when their plane gets into FSX. :?

:D A hug was needed at the time, but my BP has returned to normal now. Thanks.

BTW Lewis, are you living over there now or are you getting 'Frequent Flyer' discounts? :D
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

No I'm still living in Norfolk/Suffolk, just visiting again :)

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Repainters”