Rudder/start bugs FSX

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
caliban
Airman

Rudder/start bugs FSX

Post by caliban »

Hi,
I have spent some time familiarising myself with this plane and just taking-off.On my first proper flight of Exeter to Birmingham FSX just closed without the OOMS bell warning or window to that effect.I tried the flight several times and the closure happened at the same spot about 10 minutes into climb.
I un/installed from my downloaded file and now can't get-off the ground as the rudder function does not work although visually in VC and o/side view the pedals and tail are working.Also,from C@D the starter switch automatically turns the ignition from off to on.I have a Cessna 172 from you and the rudder function is working.I have
now un/installed from the website and nothing has changed.
I have followed the 'read me' and installed in this order;a/c,accusim/update5.11.20
regards,
Anthony

caliban
Airman

Re: Rudder/start bugs FSX

Post by caliban »

Further to my post above.please note the control locks are off.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Anthony,

If you had a random CTD, it's possible the log.dat file which saves the persistent state of the P-51 may have become corrupted. To this end, I recommend you make a backup of the following folder somewhere else on your system and then delete it.

C:\Users\[UserName]\Documents\A2A\FSX\P51

Or, if you're using the Civilian version of the Mustang...

C:\Users\[UserName]\Documents\A2A\FSX\P51civ

If this doesn't resolve the issue, please let us know. Also, if you can give us a bit of basic info about your PC specs and operating system, it may help.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

caliban
Airman

Post by caliban »

Hi,
I have backed-up the said file of P51 Civ and deleted the file from the A2A folder USERS/DOCS/A2A...

The rudder function is now working but the PB isn't.This is keyed to 'K' for me in Fsx.The simple mouse press also doesn't move the PB.The Hanger Maintenance is not accessible when engines off.

I have looked at the files in the new USERS...FSX/P51Civ and there iare 2 both .data files whereas in the backedup folder there are 8.dat files and one axis config file.

I have an i7 4 series, CPU,GTX 1060 and 16gb GDR.

Regards,

caliban
Airman

Post by caliban »

Thanks for the support.I wont be patronising A2A again.
Case Closed

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”