ADF issue..

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
P40 Master
Airman

ADF issue..

Post by P40 Master »

I was planning on doing some instrument approachs with procedural missed approachs and realized only after the i was in the air and in the clouds with a ceiling of only 400ft that the ADF wasn't working. Using blackpool (egnh) ILS 28 which is a simple procedure in a normal aircraft but In a modified world war 2 fighter that was never designed for such mission it became a 100% concentration and almost full task saturation moment. Maybe it's finger trouble but it was unresponsive to any frequency even though it would identify on the comms panel. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated because I do love the civvy mustang and love using it to its full potential as I probably would in the real world. Many thanks in advance

flapman
Staff Sergeant

Re: ADF issue..

Post by flapman »

I don't believe the WW2 equipped P-51D has an ADF.

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

In the Civilian P-51 you’ll need to select the ADF on the HSI. It’s behind the heading selector knob.
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

P40 Master
Airman

Post by P40 Master »

:oops: never read the manual went test pilot when I first got the civvy mustang. Much appreciated for the help happy flying

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”