Accu-Sim P-51 will not install because Prepar3D v5 not found?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
RAH
Airman Basic

Accu-Sim P-51 will not install because Prepar3D v5 not found?

Post by RAH »

The installation failed due to "a valid installation of Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v5 has not been found on your computer". Perhaps I made a mistake in purchasing the Professional model of the P-51. All I want is a military model that I can fly in Microsoft 2020 simulator. I do not want to modify anything on the aircraft.

Your simulation is so great I just couldn't resist setting up my system to fly the 51. I have ridden in the back seat with an old WWII 51 pilot and I can still remember every detail of that flight even though it was 40 years ago.

If what I suspect is true (i.e. I purchased the wrong model), then you perhaps can cancel my order for the professional and issue me a download for the regular model. The difference you can simply credit my account as I will certainly be wanting more types. (I have flown the AT-6, and would like the opportunity to fly it again.)

Thank you,

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Accu-Sim P-51 will not install because Prepar3D v5 not found?

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello RAH and welcome.

Is the simulator you have installed last year's Microsoft Flight Simulator?

If so, we've yet to release any products for this platform. If you've purchased our P-51 for Lockheed Martin Prepar3D in error, we can certainly issue a refund though.

If you can clarify which sim you have installed, we can take it from there.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

RAH
Airman Basic

Post by RAH »

Nick,

I downloaded the MicroSoft 2020 Flight Simulator two days ago, so it should be the current version..

Ralph

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

A2A has not released any software for MSFS 2020. They have several products for Prepar3d and FSX. You purchased a piece of software developed for Prepar3d, and not MSFS.

https://prepar3d.com/

RAH
Airman Basic

Post by RAH »

What are my options?

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

I imagine someone from A2A will help you out in the morning.

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

RAH wrote: 15 Jul 2021, 18:00 What are my options?

Nick - A2A wrote: 15 Jul 2021, 10:15 Hello RAH and welcome.

Is the simulator you have installed last year's Microsoft Flight Simulator?

If so, we've yet to release any products for this platform. If you've purchased our P-51 for Lockheed Martin Prepar3D in error, we can certainly issue a refund though.

Thanks,
Nick
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Ralph,

I don't have access to customer accounts myself, but I'll ping Lewis to drop you a line so we can arrange a refund.

Kind regards,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

RAH
Airman Basic

Post by RAH »

What is the most economical PrePar3D package that I can purchase that will let me operate the P-51 mustang, and other A2A aircraft?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Here's the store page for Prepar3D Ralph. The cheapest option is the Academic licence. Licensing criteria for the platform in general are a bit controversial as it's not supposed to be used for "personal consumer entertainment", but I don't think they have any way of detecting if the end user is, in fact, entertained. :)

https://www.prepar3d.com/prepar3d-store/

The software also comes with a 14 day money-back guarantee if you do want to give it a try.

https://www.prepar3d.com/support/refundpolicy/

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

RAH
Airman Basic

Post by RAH »

Thank you for your prompt response.
I have the following questions:
If I purchase the PrePar3D professional license for $199.00, will it run your A2A P-51 Mustang, and/or all of your other airplances?
Does the $49.99 version of the P-51 contain all the controls necessary to fly the plane?
I am very much impressed by your detail, and am anxious to be able to fly several of your airplanes..
Thank You
Ralph Hollingshead

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

RAH wrote: 16 Jul 2021, 11:42 Thank you for your prompt response.
If I purchase the PrePar3D professional license for $199.00, will it run your A2A P-51 Mustang, and/or all of your other airplances?
Does the $49.99 version of the P-51 contain all the controls necessary to fly the plane?
I am very much impressed by your detail, and am anxious to be able to fly several of your airplanes..
Thank You
Ralph Hollingshead
Hi, Ralph:
I run the P-51 (and all my other A2A birds) in the Professional version of P3D. Unfortunately, you have to buy the "Pro" version of the Mustang, which is $79.99, but you will be more in compliance with the terms of the P3D license.

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

ratty wrote: 16 Jul 2021, 12:07
RAH wrote: 16 Jul 2021, 11:42 Thank you for your prompt response.
Thank You
Ralph Hollingshead
Hi, Ralph:
I run the P-51 (and all my other A2A birds) in the Professional version of P3D. Unfortunately, you have to buy the "Pro" version of the Mustang, which is $79.99, but you will be more in compliance with the terms of the P3D license.
On the other hand, there are those who think that the P3D license "issues" are just a lot of who shot john hooey. I feel I am more of a student than a professional...that's my story and I'm sticking to it... :mrgreen:
The Academic versions of the sim and A2A airplanes work exactly like the Professional versions. :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

:D

Clarification:
If you buy the Academic version of P3D you buy the Academic version of the Mustang.
If you buy the Professional version of P3D, you have to buy the Professional version of the Mustang.

And please ignore all other references to "the thing of which we do not speak".

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Ya well sometimes it needs to spoken :mrgreen: :lol:
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”