Accu-Sim P-51 will not install because Prepar3D v5 not found?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Re: Accu-Sim P-51 will not install because Prepar3D v5 not found?

Post by bullfox »

Considering the money I have spent on flight sim over the years I consider myself a professional.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

bullfox wrote: 16 Jul 2021, 13:49 Considering the money I have spent on flight sim over the years I consider myself a professional.
Everyone here is a professional if that is a criteria.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Just so you know.

The Professional licensed A2A aircraft I bought for P3D v2 Professional, worked just as well in P3D v3 Academic when I switched to that version.
The Academic licensed A2A aircraft I bought for P3D v3 Academic, worked just as well in P3D v4 Professional when I switched to that version.

All my A2A P3D native aircraft are now flying in P3D v5 Academic, regardless of the license. You can argue about the morals of mixing licenses till you are blue in the face. You do what is best for you.

Steve.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Let us assume, for the moment, that you absolutely not allow yourself to be entertained while flying A2A aircraft in either Academic or Professional P3D. No entertainment!!

OK - if you are flying your sim to study aviation, then you are in effect, a "student of aviation." Go for the academic version of P3D. If you are getting paid to fly your sim, then go for the Professional version.

I don't fly my sim for entertainment; I fly my sim to practice things I find in a plethora of technical resources, such as "The Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge", FAA-H-8083-25B; the "Airplane Flying Handbook", FAA-H-8083-3B; and the all-important "Ground Loop Prevention, A Cautionary Tale", https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... 0Cn1u3DvfE.

(What's a "plethora?" Well, here's the answer to that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mTUmczVdik. That answer is just about as clear as which version of P3D you should get!

Seeya
ATB

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

Okay, I'm sorry I brought it up, but since you still want to talk about it, here's what I think. LM don't give a toss. It's all income to them and good for business, and they're never going to do anything about license infractions. But I thought long and hard before I plunked down my $200, because I try to live in integrity, and I think fudging and rationalising are a big part of what's wrong with society these days. The full End User License Agreement for the Academic version is quite specific: it allows for use in "Academic Education", "in the Academic Territory". I interpret that as meaning "when you're enrolled in a school, at the school". I'm not.

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”