Taxi Problems P51 Civ

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Cliff Wimberly
Airman

Taxi Problems P51 Civ

Post by Cliff Wimberly »

Has anyone solved the Taxiing Problems with the P51.
I can only taxi by using differential braking and this is difficult because the tail wheel stays locked no matter what.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: Taxi Problems P51 Civ

Post by DHenriques_ »

Cliff Wimberly wrote: 17 Sep 2020, 09:34 Has anyone solved the Taxiing Problems with the P51.
I can only taxi by using differential braking and this is difficult because the tail wheel stays locked no matter what.
First the obvious; Taxiing a Mustang with the stick aft of neutral gives you a 6 inch arc either way for the tailwheel. Stick forward of neutral unlocks the tailwheel to a full swivel. Does this affect you in any way?
DH

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 17 Sep 2020, 09:56
Cliff Wimberly wrote: 17 Sep 2020, 09:34 Has anyone solved the Taxiing Problems with the P51.
First the obvious; Taxiing a Mustang with the stick aft of neutral gives you a 6 degree arc either way for the tailwheel. Stick forward of neutral unlocks the tailwheel to a full swivel. Does this affect you in any way?
DH

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

This may sound stupid, but have you ensured that the control lock is NOT engaged? Just asking because there have been a few folks around here that thought there was an issue with taxiing the P-51 who subsequently discovered that it certainly does not taxi very well with the control lock engaged.

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

It's something with your system, installation, or technique. I've never had a problem with an A2A aircraft (I own 12) that wasn't "operator-induced".

Cliff Wimberly
Airman

Post by Cliff Wimberly »

Taxi Problem Solved,
I reinstalled the aircraft and now she taxis just fine and the rudder works as it is supposed to as well.
Thanx for the replies from all those who tried to help me.

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”