RXP GTN650 install

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

RXP GTN650 install

Post by MkIV Hvd »

I am trying to get the RXP GTN working in the Mustang and I'm apparently missing a step that I can't figure out, so hoping someone here may be able to shed some light on the issue. I have selected the RXP in the A/C configurator and edited the .cfg to "No Bezel" and the unit works fine, but without the availability of any of the bezel clickspots for configuring options, Home, etc.

If I edit for No Bezel the unit works properly but is completely inside the VC GTN650 bezel, i.e.; I'm seeing two bezels, neither of which have active clickspots. I have looked at the thread on the RXP/Avsim forum all the way to the end and saw where others have it working, but I'm stuck. Hopefully it's something dumb that I missed that is easily fixable... :wink:

Cheers & Thanks!
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: RXP GTN650 install

Post by Paughco »

There's a lot of good info in this forum discussion: viewtopic.php?f=124&t=69395.

Seeya
ATB

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Rob,

Yes, although the P-51 doesn't include native support for the RXP GTN 650, you should be able to get it working if you follow the tips in the post linked by Paughco. Specifically, the steps here, only using the 650 rather than the 750.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Paughco wrote: 06 Aug 2020, 22:58 There's a lot of good info in this forum discussion: viewtopic.php?f=124&t=69395.

Seeya
ATB
Nick - A2A wrote: 07 Aug 2020, 05:16 Hi Rob,

Yes, although the P-51 doesn't include native support for the RXP GTN 650, you should be able to get it working if you follow the tips in the post linked by Paughco. Specifically, the steps here, only using the 650 rather than the 750.

Thanks,
Nick
Paughco & Nick:

Thanks so much for the direction and links guys! It’s now much clearer, but for some reason I couldn’t get it working in the P-51 or the T-6. I spent a bunch of time last weekend trying to follow directions and I’m usually fine with editing files (well, except for the bad Spitfire .cfg edit…sorry again Nick… :roll: :oops:) but for whatever reason, was unable to get the bezel buttons working in either. I was resigned to just using the 650 as is because all the functions of all the buttons on the bezel can be accessed in other ways EXCEPT for the Direct To button…bummer...

I went to the extent of uninstalling and reinstalling the RXP suite (have the 430/530 and 650/750), reverted both airplanes to the GPS400 and started over. There was no change in the P-51 and the T-6 crashed P3D twice on loading, so I went back to the 400 which solved that particular problem.

Then last night I was flying some circuits at Bowerman in some of the A2A fleet and the last one I jumped into was the Bonanza, because it’s really new to me and I need practice. I had installed the 650/750 in the Bonanza as a part of the fleet modernization project but hadn’t tested it, so was kind of stunned to see that all the bezel buttons work on both units! :shock: Maybe I’m not done with the Civ P-51 after all…

So, this morning before I left for work I copied and pasted some text from the Bonanza .ini file to the Civ Mustang and fired up the sim. I now have functionality of the volume knob and the frequency setting knob, but still no ability to select COM or NAV tuning with the same button. I still don’t have the Direct To or Home buttons, but there now appears to be some light at the end of the tunnel anyway……more screwing around required apparently...... :|

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”