Carb Heat lever stuck

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
SkySoldier173
Airman Basic

Carb Heat lever stuck

Post by SkySoldier173 »

Hi everybody,

On my mil version P-51 for P3D, the carb heat lever seems to be stuck in the aft position. When hovering my mouse over it, it says "Carburetor heat lever (5399568%)." When I use the mouse to try to move the lever, it immediately returns to the aft position. The same thing happens if I use the "H" key or if I use the configurator to assign a joystick wheel or button to it (I usually leave everything in the configuator unassigned). The hangar panel notes nothing wrong and overhauling the aircraft doesn't fix it. I've tried reinstalling the aircraft, reinstalling P3D, disabling my addons, reinstalling simconnect, and disconnecting my joysticks entirely. I don't really know what else to try, so any input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Adam

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Carb Heat lever stuck

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Adam and welcome.

This is P3Dv4 I take it, but could you just let us know if you have any third-party utilities assigned for control assignments in the sim. For example, FSUIPC? The issue sounds a bit like a controller conflict of some sort, and this is more likely if external software is involved.

Please can you also confirm if you've modified your default scenario in P3D to load a complex aircraft add-on such as the P-51? This can sometimes cause issues, so we recommend stick with one of the stock aircraft for the default scenario.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

SkySoldier173
Airman Basic

Post by SkySoldier173 »

Nick,

Not using FSUIPC or anything like that. Also haven't changed the default scenario.

Thanks,
Adam

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the info.

Just to rule out the input configurator and the saved state of the aircraft, please can you try deleting the contents of these two folders:

Documents\A2A\FSX\P51
Documents\A2A\P3D\P51

Please back the files up beforehand if you wish to keep the current state (engine hours etc.) of the P-51.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

SkySoldier173
Airman Basic

Post by SkySoldier173 »

Done, problem persists.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hmm, it's an odd one for sure as there's no axis assignment in the host sim for carb heat.

Please can you confirm if the other levers in the cockpit behave as expected. Also, could you list any other add-ons/utilities which are running when you encounter this problem. Particularly any add-ons which may be 'failing' aircraft systems such as FSEconomy etc.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

SkySoldier173
Airman Basic

Post by SkySoldier173 »

Everything else in the aircraft works normally. The only other addons I use are orbx scenery, FSDT scenery, ActiveSky, and Ultimate Traffic. However, I’ve even tried disabling all the addons and the problem still occurs.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the info.

Please can you confirm which subversion of P3Dv4 you have installed, and what the installed version number of the P-51 is. You can find both version numbers in the Windows list of installed programs.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

SkySoldier173
Airman Basic

Post by SkySoldier173 »

P3D version is 4.5.13.32097.

Mustang is 18.12.22.0.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Adam,

In terms of the add-ons you list, ActiveSky seems like the only one with the potential to interfere with the carb heat control. Can you just clarify how you ruled it out?

Also, could you try loading the default scenario fully (e.g. load the F-22 onto the runway at Eglin AFB) and then switch to the P-51 if you haven't already tried this.

Finally, please can you let us know the full path to the directory where the P-51is installed?

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

SkySoldier173
Airman Basic

Post by SkySoldier173 »

Nick,

I completely uninstalled Active Sky and the problem still occurs.

I also have been testing it in exactly the manner in which you describe: F-22 at Eglin and switching to the Mustang.

The aircraft is installed at C:/Users/Me/Documents/Prepar3Dv4 Add-ons/A2A

Thanks,
Adam

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Adam,

Have you checked to see if the carb heat control works normally in other stock aircraft in P3D? For example, the Piper Cub or Lockheed Electra. These only have simple toggle switches I believe, but may be worth comparing behaviour nonetheless.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

SkySoldier173
Airman Basic

Post by SkySoldier173 »

Hey Nick,

Checked with a few of the stock aircraft. It works normally in them.

-Adam

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Sorry Adam, I'm running out of things to suggest.

This is a very odd issue and completely unique to your installation as far I can tell. I guess you could try deleting P3D's generated files to allow the sim to reset itself completely. A standard reinstall doesn't accomplish this, but this short vid explains the procedure you'd need to follow.

The only other thing I can add is that we plan to release an update for the P-51 soon to add improved VR support and to fix an unrelated issue with click and drag actions for some controls. There's always a possibility that the updated MDL file will somehow resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

SkySoldier173
Airman Basic

Post by SkySoldier173 »

Nick,

That did it! Deleted the generated files as you suggested and the carb heat lever behaves as it should now. Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it!

-Adam

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”