Does the Mustang degrade while computer is off?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Zacke
Staff Sergeant

Does the Mustang degrade while computer is off?

Post by Zacke »

Hey guys,

does Accusim simulate a degradation of the Mustang while the sim is off (like the GA planes)?

Thanks in advance,
Zacke

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Does the Mustang degrade while computer is off?

Post by Jacques »

Hi Zacke,

If by “degrade” you mean the changes that you might spot in the walk around then, no, it doesn’t go that deep. But there are challenges to taking off, maneuvering and landing that will keep you busy and it is still a complex simulation that reacts to the environment in which you choose to fly.

I had mine sitting in Leadville Colorado for the past few weeks. Today the temperature was -1 with a Very stiff breeze from the North. The engine was ice cold and took a lot of priming to finally light off. The radiator door needed to be manually closed and kept there to get the coolant to warm to near normal temperature, the oil pressure was dangerously high as well (due to the cold) which required some careful handling while warming up....and... I got myself into a not-so-nice accelerated stall doing tight turns over the Arapahoe Basin Ski area. There was no recovery this time 😢. Apologies for the novel, i hope that’s a useful answer for you!

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”