P51 CIV - Fuel Tank Problems

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
BattleKoala
Airman

P51 CIV - Fuel Tank Problems

Post by BattleKoala »

I have the Mil and Civ version. Whenever the tank I am on runs out of fuel it just gets stuck on %2. I DO NOT have unlimited fuel on.
In fact I can run the Civ on drop tanks that aren't even there. What's going on here?

FSX Steam
Windows 10
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7100U CPU @ 2.40 GHz
8 GB Ram
64 Bit
Last edited by BattleKoala on 19 Jan 2020, 04:53, edited 1 time in total.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: P51 CIV ILS - Fuel Tank Problems

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello,

Are you filling the tanks via the Shift 4 "Payload and Fuel Manager" BattleKoala? And is this where you're seeing the 2% figure you mention?

It's normal for the engine to run for a very short period of time after the tank is empty due to fuel in the lines and carburettor. However, the fuel quantity being stuck at 2% isn't.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

BattleKoala
Airman

Post by BattleKoala »

Nick - A2A wrote: 16 Jan 2020, 08:52 Hello,

Are you filling the tanks via the Shift 4 "Payload and Fuel Manager" BattleKoala? And is this where you're seeing the 2% figure you mention?

It's normal for the engine to run for a very short period of time after the tank is empty due to fuel in the lines and carburettor. However, the fuel quantity being stuck at 2% isn't.

Thanks,
Nick
Yes via shift 4, Nick.
I've certainly gone over the 2% or reserve.

Perhaps the fuel gauge that shows from ctrl + Z is interfering? The % never reflects the total or 3 separate tanks respectively; Which, Haha you could say is realistic malfunction. except the 0% not showing. Real tanks show full and empty and everything in between is rarely correct on the fuel gauge.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the info. Displaying the Shift Z text info fuel percentage doesn't interfere with Accu-Sim.

However, please can you let us know any other add-ons which are running within FSX.

Also, please can you run the latest Accu-Sim update which can be downloaded here if you haven't already done this.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

BattleKoala
Airman

Post by BattleKoala »

Nick - A2A wrote: 17 Jan 2020, 05:37 Okay, thanks for the info. Displaying the Shift Z text info fuel percentage doesn't interfere with Accu-Sim.

However, please can you let us know any other add-ons which are running within FSX.

Also, please can you run the latest Accu-Sim update which can be downloaded here if you haven't already done this.

Thanks,
Nick
I downloaded the update. I now goes to 0% but it never runs out of fuel. I don't wana bust chops. I am happy with this purchase even If the fuel issue is never resolved. If there's a quick fix, I'm interes ted otherwise, whatever. I'm trying to learn as much as I can about this old girl so I'm on to bigger and better questions. Since i'm so green I'm gonna make a post requesting prop settings at altitude. There's gotta be a EGT chart and RPM & MAP setting chart right?

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: P51 CIV - Fuel Tank Problems

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
If you never run out of fuel then i would look again and double check the unlimited fuel in the sims realism settings is un ticked.
Also do you have any add on programs that might be interfereing with fuel.
regards alan. 8)

BattleKoala
Airman

Post by BattleKoala »

alan CXA651 wrote: 28 Jan 2020, 06:41 Hi.
If you never run out of fuel then i would look again and double check the unlimited fuel in the sims realism settings is un ticked.
Also do you have any add on programs that might be interfereing with fuel.
regards alan. 8)
I haven't used unlimited fuel since my first week playing the game :-) I got detect crashes on, engine stress causes damage, g effects, gyro drift, pilot controls lights and IAS. Keeping it real 100%.
I have active sky on. I run little nav map. DLCs are farm air add-on, 3d lights redux, 737 extreme sound, FS academy: on instruments, piper pa pawnee and ultimate night environment.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7100 CPU @ 2.4 GHZ
8 gb
64 bit
windows 10

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Going by other forum posts on other sites i have seen , i would suspect this addon (DLCs are farm air add-on) as a possible cause of issues of various types in the sim .
regards alan. 8)

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”