im done with the P51

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
guard2017a
Airman First Class

im done with the P51

Post by guard2017a »

I am done with the P51 military and civilian. I have tried everything from uninstall to reinstall and checked for updates and nothing works.All it wants to do on take off roll is veer to the right and go in circles. There is no rudder control and i can not even free caster the tailwhell to turn the plane. So after almost 2 years of enjoyment I am done with these planes unless someone can help me figure this out. This happened all of a sudden,All of my other A2A planes all work fine no problems just the P51.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: im done with the P51

Post by Oracle427 »

You have a lot of people trying to help you and asking questions on your original post.

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=69357&p=527482#p527482
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

we are trying to help but you have been somewhat short and then silent, and not really answering the questions so we can provide any real troubleshooting. The first question regarding the default flights for example you didn't answer in your original thread here;

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=69357

Please, allow us to help you out, these things are normally relatively simple issues and reinstalls are rarely ever needed but can indeed make the issue worse. If you can go back to your orginal thread where you have a staff member and several members of the communty trying to help you get up and flying I am sure we can get any issues sorted out for you. Esp considering they use to work all ok on your system, which points to a simple change somewhere on your system to make the software not work, maybe a new mod, or tweak that will need reverting.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Not so long ago I was grappling with the same problem. Then I realised I was trying to manhandle the Mustang. It IS a brute but it responds to a bit of 'gentling'. FEEL it, be a part of it. It sounds to me as if you're treating it like a, a, a game.

Thinks: Should I hit 'Submit'? Yeah.
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

guard2017a wrote: 08 Jan 2020, 10:16 I am done with the P51 military and civilian. I have tried everything from uninstall to reinstall and checked for updates and nothing works.All it wants to do on take off roll is veer to the right and go in circles. There is no rudder control and i can not even free caster the tail wheel to turn the plane. So after almost 2 years of enjoyment I am done with these planes unless someone can help me figure this out. This happened all of a sudden,All of my other A2A planes all work fine no problems just the P51.
One thing that is critical to understand about your issue is that whatever is causing your problem, it is local............on YOUR system. I'm not telling you this to lessen your issue or to chastise you personally in any way. I base this statement simply on the fact that others including myself can not replicate the issue on their systems.
Now this having been said, and realizing that having an issue like this can be extremely frustrating, I will tell you that without question, A2A and the members of the A2A family on these forums will leave no stone unturned to help you solve whatever is causing your issue with the Mustang.
I would urge you to simply relax a bit, continue here on the forums, make every effort to answer exactly the questions asked you concerning your system and your installation by the forum members and pay particular attention to what Lewis has asked you to provide, and I honestly believe that if you follow my advice the people here will eventually help you solve your issue so you can enjoy the Mustang.

Wishing you well,
Dudley Henriques

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

I have to tell this.
Because of this thread I thought I'd take to Mustang for a few circuits. Very first take off was a VERY squirly affair, reminding me of what a beast she is. Landing not TOO bad. Second T.O. was better etc. etc until I thought I'd got her sussed. Off I went for a tour, landed and took of from a couple of airports. My last port of call was 77S, my approach was spot on, short final, beautiful. I'm concentrating hard to make this final landing as smooth as can be. Easing back on the stick, just a tad before touching down...Touch dow..

Boom!

Who'd forgotten the bloody gear? :oops:

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Ron Attwood wrote: 11 Jan 2020, 09:57 I have to tell this.
Because of this thread I thought I'd take to Mustang for a few circuits. Very first take off was a VERY squirly affair, reminding me of what a beast she is. Landing not TOO bad. Second T.O. was better etc. etc until I thought I'd got her sussed. Off I went for a tour, landed and took of from a couple of airports. My last port of call was 77S, my approach was spot on, short final, beautiful. I'm concentrating hard to make this final landing as smooth as can be. Easing back on the stick, just a tad before touching down...Touch dow..

Boom!

Who'd forgotten the bloody gear? :oops:
Of all the 'rules I set for myself through my career one of the most important and one that never once failed me was my final approach rule.
It stated that REGARDLESS of any pre-landing written checklists completed and/or flow patterns performed in the pattern, EVEN if I had just completed these checks, as I started my finals I would ALWAYS reach out and physically touch the gear switch or handle, physically LOOK at the lights and/or indicators, and say aloud to myself, "GEAR DOWN AND LOCKED".
This was especially important if a go-around was involved where the gear had been down and needed to be raised then lowered again.

Try this, never failed me. Won't fail you !
Dudley Henriques

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

I've forgotten the gear a few times in the B-17 since it's a three position switch and I sometimes forget to return it to neutral after the gear retracts. I took this screen shot a few minutes ago, another one of my favorite things to forget!

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 11 Jan 2020, 11:02
Of all the 'rules I set for myself through my career one of the most important and one that never once failed me was my final approach rule.
It stated that REGARDLESS of any pre-landing written checklists completed and/or flow patterns performed in the pattern, EVEN if I had just completed these checks, as I started my finals I would ALWAYS reach out and physically touch the gear switch or handle, physically LOOK at the lights and/or indicators, and say aloud to myself, "GEAR DOWN AND LOCKED".
This was especially important if a go-around was involved where the gear had been down and needed to be raised then lowered again.

Dudley Henriques
Top tip! But first check memory function. :D

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Ron Attwood wrote: 11 Jan 2020, 12:02
DHenriquesA2A wrote: 11 Jan 2020, 11:02

Dudley Henriques
Top tip! But first check memory function. :D
LOL...............at 82 these days I can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning but for 65 odd years of flying I can honestly say I never forgot to put the gear down. :-))))
DH

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

please don't forget this is a thread to suppport guard2017a :wink:
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Tomas Linnet wrote: 11 Jan 2020, 13:57 please don't forget this is a thread to suppport guard2017a :wink:
Last time I looked we could walk and chew gum at the same time around here.
Of course that was the last time I looked. :-)))
DH

guard2017a
Airman First Class

Post by guard2017a »

want to thank everyone for their advise to my problem with the P51. I had to do a complete flight sim reinstall and then everything works fine now. i apologise for my frustration of what i said. I still love flying the P51

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

guard2017a wrote: 12 Jan 2020, 09:50 want to thank everyone for their advise to my problem with the P51. I had to do a complete flight sim reinstall and then everything works fine now. i apologise for my frustration of what i said. I still love flying the P51
Wonderful news. Glad you got it all sorted out and can now enjoy your Mustang.
Dudley Henriques

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

I'm glad you didn't give up!

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”