plane veers to right on take off

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
guard2017a
Airman First Class

plane veers to right on take off

Post by guard2017a »

I have been flying this plane for almost 2 years. But recently on my civilian mustang I have no sound but when i try to take off with either military or civilian mustang the plane veers to the right and there is no way i can control it. i cut power but it keeps going in a circle. i checked for updates but it says all updates up to date. please help i love this plane

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: plane veers to right on take off

Post by Jacques »

Hi guard2017a,

Before anyone can really get into discussing the problem you need to tell everyone which platform you are using and are you starting your flight by jumping directly into the flight with the Mustang or are you starting in a stock (default) FSX or P3D aircraft. Also, are you using keyboard only for flight controls or do you have a stick or yoke and rudder pedals?

guard2017a
Airman First Class

Post by guard2017a »

ty for your reply I am using windows 7 and when i start cold and dark the civilian mustang starts as soon as i hit the start to turn prop the military version start normal when cold and dark but when i go to take off with any version i apply power slowly plane starts to roll as i increase power it veers right i give left rudder and left diff brake but plane keeps going in circles to the right. I am using a Saitek cyborg joystick.

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

Something definitely not right there. You shouldn't have to use brake for direction control on takeoff.
Just checking, have you release the flight control lock?
Cheers
Trev

guard2017a
Airman First Class

Post by guard2017a »

i have but from my cockpit when i look down my stick wont move when i move the joystick but outside view shows all surfaces moving

Cole Sumera
Airman Basic

Post by Cole Sumera »

I've got the same problem too
Image Image Image Image

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hello guard2017a,

You did not answer completely the question for your sim platform. Which sim are you using - FSX Steam, FSX (box) or P3D. Also let us know which aircraft is your default flight in the sim?

--
Vladi
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

if you can answer the first questions community member Jaques asked we can then better help you get up and flying.

Please remember the more information on your system that you give us the better and quicker we can help.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

guard2017a
Airman First Class

Post by guard2017a »

i am using FSX boxed edition with fsx acceleration

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Happy Holidays,

You do not have this issue, you described with other A2A or FSX planes? Right? All your controls and are calibrated and working?

--
Vladi
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
1/. regarding sounds , is this both inside and outside sounds or just the vc sounds that are not working , if its just the vc sounds missing , then the shft+2 or 3 window should have a sound slider check this is not turned to low.
2/. have you got advanced animations turned on.
3/. i think some people had control issues regards to veering uncontrollably , i think a reinstall cured it , but before doing this look in these forums , as i am not 100% sure on this.
regards alan. 8)

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Hi Guarda, just to be completely clear...when you start FSX, do you start it at a default airport (not an add-on airport) and in a default FSX aircraft? For example, when I load FSX, I always start at Friday Harbor in the FSX Cessna 172.

If you are starting FSX directly loading into the A2A P51, this can cause issues to develop.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

First suspect from whats being described is a faulty load which can be the result of trying to use the Mustangs as the default flight. Worth also asking if you are all updated with the latest updates from A2A and also that your FSX is all updated?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

guard2017a
Airman First Class

Post by guard2017a »

no the mustang is not the default flight when i want the mustang i start fsx the select the mustang as my plane

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

I don't see this mentioned being done already in any of your threads:

Go into your FSX directory, A2A folder, the Mustang folder, find the folder titled 'update' and delete it. Run the Accusim updater again and see if the problem is gone.

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”