How can I tell Accu Sim is working?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
ChowHound
Airman Basic

How can I tell Accu Sim is working?

Post by ChowHound »

I took a few years off from accu sim (crazy right?!), but my computer crashed and has to reinstall my OS and FSX and the P-51 Mil with Accu Sim. I installed in the correct order but the thing is, I am unsure if accu sim is working. I don't see the instrument panel flutter and tremble on start up, I can kind of tell the ground physics from grass to pavement, I went to 15,000 ft with no oxy for a while and saw no effects, no fogging of the canopy so far even with pilot heat and cabin temps super high, the supercharger did kick in around 14,000 ft. I just am not sure if it is fully working or not, are there any solid tells to know it is working? I can get to the maintenance hangar and see all the parts and things but I don't know if you can do that in the regular A2A P-51 without Accu Sim. Any help would be appreciated, I am on Windows 7.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: How can I tell Accu Sim is working?

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

make sure your all updated using the latest Accu-sim updater and that your FSX is set up correctly and you should be fine. It does sound like you need to run the Accu-sim updater, the latest is here;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 94&t=57819

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

ChowHound
Airman Basic

Post by ChowHound »

I have the latest update installed, and for the FSX settings I have unchecked the auto mixture and engine stress damage and those things. Am I missing another setting somewhere?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Are you all updated too?

And for settings, it'll be things like advanced animations tuned on.

thanks,
Lewis

ChowHound
Airman Basic

Post by ChowHound »

I am so sorry if I sound dumb here, so updated as in the latest FSX update? I have Acceleration installed and can't quite find an update for it, the accu Sim update I will reinstall again and the advanced animations I will double check as I don't remember seeing or checking that option. Been working on this for a few days and needed a fresh set of eyes so a HUGE thanks for helping me out!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Run the latest Accu-sim updater as there will be a fair few updates for you from v1.0

thanks,
Lewis

ChowHound
Airman Basic

Post by ChowHound »

Quick question, does the maintenance hanger piston engine check work without accu Sim? Or does accu Sim need to be installed for the engine parts feature?

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

ChowHound wrote:Quick question, does the maintenance hanger piston engine check work without accu Sim? Or does accu Sim need to be installed for the engine parts feature?
Correct

ChowHound
Airman Basic

Post by ChowHound »

Interesting, so my accu Sim should be working, I think it is the advanced animations that are leaving the immersive things out like instrument trembling and hypoxia. Will try later tonight and report what happens.

ChowHound
Airman Basic

Post by ChowHound »

All settings in FSX are correct, the updater said I already have the most up to date version of accu sim, thoughts? Should I start over and reinstall the p-51 and accusim? Or is accu sim working as designed with the new update?

Update: I taxied around some grass airfields and could see bouncing inside and outside, I mean it seems as if accu sim is working but was the feature about the shuttering instrument console taken out or something? I am mainly worried about wear and tear features but I guess we shall see, I guess the update feels more.....strange than previous versions, got too used to the old flight model maybe?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

delete your update folder for the P-51 and re-apply the updater, sounds like you got the old file still in place.

Example of where this is;
\My Docs\A2A\FSX\P51civ

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

ChowHound
Airman Basic

Post by ChowHound »

Just did what you have suggested and it looks like it is working, had to go to like 25,000 ft to experience hypoxia, I had a crash and saw the parts that were affected so that works too. I think i am good to go, no instrument fluttering still. But everything else seems to work.

ChowHound
Airman Basic

Post by ChowHound »

So after logging about 8 hours of flight time, parts are wearing out so still good, haven't experienced cockpit fogging but I have not been in a perfect situation to do that and by my u derstanding it is very rare for the cockpit to fog up, but the other thing is.....

The instrument panel is NOT vibrating/fluttering/moving while idle, when starting up and while taxing to the runway. Is that feature turned off or something with the latest patch?

I have the required settings turned on as mentioned earlier, so what gives? I saw another video that had the latest patch and they had accu Sim and I noticed that their instrument panel didnt vibrate on start up or while idling. Has anyone else noticed this slight change? Or is it just me??

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

To test the fogging you can leave the canopy closed, vents off and make sure the pilot is in the plane. It should start to fog after several minutes of 'you' breathing in the cockpit with no ventilation.

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”