Definitive guide to P-51 Accusim?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
thefrog
Airman

Definitive guide to P-51 Accusim?

Post by thefrog »

Hi
I purchased the P-51 Accusim recently and although the manuals have a fair amount of information in them there is obviously a lot to Accusim that is not covered as far as I can see. I have looked on the forums here and I haven't been able to find the answers to some of my questions. e.g. particularly at which OAT would you need to switch to a different grade of oil? I have had great trouble starting at low temperatures and I have found that switching to a winter grade oil can help. But a guide to the finer points of Accusim would be very helpful
Many thanks
Dave

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Definitive guide to P-51 Accusim?

Post by Tug002 »

Hey there Therfrog, I dont know if you will find what you are looking for here but you may find this link interesting as it has the manuals for quite a few aircraft and thier engines. Now that its -15c here I prime the engine for about 10-15 seconds before starting and have no problems with starting, but watch your oil pressure and try to keep it under 150psi till it warms up so you dont bllow an oil line etc.
http://aviationshoppe.com/aircraft-manu ... -t-12.html
Hope this helps you.

Keep smiling
Tug :)

thefrog
Airman

Post by thefrog »

That's very helpful, many thanks for the link!

Tailspin45
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tailspin45 »

Try http://avialogs.com. $14US for 6 months, unlimited downloads. Manuals, pilot handbooks, posters, vintage photos, ads, etc.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

also we have these very forums, anything that you need to ask please feel free to post on our forums.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

thefrog
Airman

Post by thefrog »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

also we have these very forums, anything that you need to ask please feel free to post on our forums.

thanks,
Lewis
Thanks Lewis and to the two previous posters who replied.

As I said in my first post, I'm having trouble starting the P-51 engine in cold weather. When I tried to start from Mammoth Yosemite (at 7,000+ ft) yesterday I just could not start the engine. I have read other posts about this and so I primed for longer than 4 seconds and tried oil dilution, but I'm sure I read somewhere (either in an A2A manual or on these forums) that below a certain OAT, try using a different grade oil. If you could possibly help me with this I would be very happy! I'm determined to master this plane: having flown most types of aircraft in twenty-five years of simming, this is the most authentic - and difficult!
Many thanks
Dave

robert41
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by robert41 »

I like to use the winter oil when temps are about 45F or cooler. And summer oil when temps are about 80F or warmer. I have found starting at a high altitude can be difficult in any weather.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Oil dilution only works prior to starting in the cold or immediately after start to lower oil pressure quickly. So before you shut down run oil dilution if next time u start will be in the cold
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”