The accusim-download and the patch/core-update

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Medtner
A2A Mechanic

The accusim-download and the patch/core-update

Post by Medtner »

Hi,

I just bought the P-51 today (military version for now), and of course with the AccuSim. Is it correct that the AccuSim-download should be around 12mb, whereas the plane is around 140mb? The other accusim-downloads I have are ten times as big - about the same as the plane itself.

This makes me think that I have lost something.

Also - the "wop2_p51_fsx_fix.EXE" patch says that the installation is corrupt or something. Tried uninstalling the whole thing and try again, but the same response. This adds to my worry about the small accusim-pack.

The Core-update installed nicely (after having tried the above-mentioned patch several times), but I'm just wondering if I have this plane installed correctly. It opens in FSX and looks very nice indeed, but I don't really want to fly before I know it is properly installed.

Thanks for your help (and the beautiful simulations)! :-)

Erik
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: The accusim-download and the patch/core-update

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello everything sounds ok. You can ignore the WOP2 p-51 patch though as that's for a different product altogether ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Great! Thanks! :-D

So the accusim is supposed to be only 12 mb? :-)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Mazo
Technical Sergeant

Post by Mazo »

Medtner wrote:Great! Thanks! :-D

So the accusim is supposed to be only 12 mb? :-)

Yes that is correct. It is 11.9MB compressed size. Sounds like you are good to go! She is beautiful but a real handful on take off---a real handful!

If you have not seen Dudley's post on how to manage a P51 take off, check this link:http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 94&t=31684

Good Luck and have a ball!
[*]2021 Jetline Systems GTX, [email protected], EVGA RTX 3080ti 12GB, 64GB Memory 3200MHz, Win11 64 Pro, P3DV5.3, FS2020

In memory of my fallen Brothers in Arms in Viet Nam - may they Rest in Peace.

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Good to know. I have just had a quick look at her, and amazingly beautiful is the word!

You are indeed right, Mazo, she surprised me very much on take off. I was all over the place. When I eventually got her in the air I very quikly sumbled into an accelerated stall, and my skills were not up to the task of correcting this cataclysmic spin. I ended up a smoking hole in a forest.

Thanks for the link to Dudley's post on P-51 take-offs. Sorely needed! :-P
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

Mazo
Technical Sergeant

Post by Mazo »

Medtner wrote:Good to know. I have just had a quick look at her, and amazingly beautiful is the word!

You are indeed right, Mazo, she surprised me very much on take off. I was all over the place. When I eventually got her in the air I very quikly sumbled into an accelerated stall, and my skills were not up to the task of correcting this cataclysmic spin. I ended up a smoking hole in a forest.

Thanks for the link to Dudley's post on P-51 take-offs. Sorely needed! :-P
Dudley is certainly a great asset for A2A. I printed out his take off tutorial and still use it as a checklist on takeoff. There are a lot of folks here on the A2A forum that have great knowledge and are willing to help us that are a bit challenged in our flying skills! :lol:

Lyn
[*]2021 Jetline Systems GTX, [email protected], EVGA RTX 3080ti 12GB, 64GB Memory 3200MHz, Win11 64 Pro, P3DV5.3, FS2020

In memory of my fallen Brothers in Arms in Viet Nam - may they Rest in Peace.

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Indeed, he is. I have now read his tutorials, and it helped me gain knowledge on not only what to do, but why it needs to be done.
I shall print them and include them with the A2A manuals.

Regarding stalls - I have realised that I haven't done much proper practicing on them. This wild plane inspires me to do some real basic training with the C172 also.
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”