Another Seat Adjustment Question

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Another Seat Adjustment Question

Post by Al FR-153 »

I am not sure if this is a P-51-D question or an Accu-Sim for P-51 question, but here goes: First, I am not hung up on seat problems (previous question) I love the bird, but this minor issue bugs me. When I enter the bird, on a fresh start of FSX (Virtual Cockpit), my seat is not where I left it [blame the Crew Chief]. I again adjust the seat back far enough that I can see at least some of the prop out to the side of the cowling, and still be able to adjust the defroster, cabin heat, and vent. I fly, I land, I save the flight, I exit FSX. When I return, the seat is all the way forward, face in the instruments again, NOT where I left it when I saved the flight.

Now, I can sit in the cockpit, restart the flight and my seat is still where I left it. I can reload the flight (without exiting FSX) and the seat is fine. But, should I exit FSX and start it up again, that gremlin ground Crew Chief has moved the seat all the way forward again. How can I save the seat position - shy of castrating the Crew Chief?

One possible clue....When FSX starts up and you select the saved flight, two aircraft actually load, or at least you hear two sets of wheels smack the tarmac. When the panel displays, your face is in the instruments (default setting, not the saved setting).

I suspect it is in the code for the Vcockpit00 of the panel.cfg file and why I say I am not sure if it is a P-51 or an Accu-Sim issue. Namely, these lines:
gauge06=A2A_Accusim!AVS, 6,6,6,6
gauge07=A2A_Accusim!events, 7,7,7,7
gauge08=A2A_Accusim!random, 8,8,8,8
gauge09=A2A_Accusim!storage, 9,9,9,9

Is there something that can be changed to the 'events' or 'storage' that would save the seat adjustments?
Al Heline

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: Another Seat Adjustment Question

Post by Gypsy Baron »

Look in the aircraft.cfg file and adjust the "eyepoint" there.

This entry is from my B-17G cfg file but the procedure is the same for any aircraft:

Code: Select all

[Views]
//eyepoint=8.62,-1.4,5.35 
eyepoint=8.00,-1.4,5.35 
I just found one of my P-51 entries, probably the mil version"(not on my sim computer now)

Code: Select all

[Views]
//eyepoint=-2.6,0.0,2.2
eyepoint=-2.9,0.0,2.15
I forget now which entry is the fore/aft...I THINK it is fore/aft, left/right, down/up
Negative is back, left, down

All referenced to the model (VC) center reference.

Just comment out the original as I have done and make a change to
one parameter, reload the aircraft and check the new position.
Paul
i7-4790K @4.4Ghz OC - ASUS Z97-A- 16GB Corsair 1600mHz - GTX 760 2GB
240GB + 500GB EVO SSD's - 2x500GB and 1x2TB WD Black 7200 RPM drives

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Re: Another Seat Adjustment Question

Post by Al FR-153 »

Thank you Gypsy Baron, and my Crew Chief said double-ditto. Changed the eyepoint to:
[Views]
eyepoint=-2.73,0.0,2.5

and placed his rusty diagonal cutters back in his grody USAF green tool bag. Problem resolved, and thanks again.
Al Heline

Image Image Image Image Image Image

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”