Long Legged Fighter Pilots Not Welcome ?????

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Long Legged Fighter Pilots Not Welcome ?????

Post by Al FR-153 »

During pre-light all checked well on the P-51 (Military) ready for a short hop from KPIT (Greater Pittsburgh) to KJST (Johnstown). At 7000 Ft, I remembered about the fuel coming from the left wing tank and reached down to make the switch. Suddenly noticed that the little 'fickled finger of fate' (mouse pointer finger) wasn't there, . I tried several places that had mouse hot spots, nothing. Cough, choke, sputter, sputter....Oh no, fuel starvation. Long story short, I landed on the highway, dead-stick. One of my better landings, I might add. Then splat, I got run over by a semi that didn't bother to stop after he clobbered me.

Now, where did the mouse pointer go, no hand, just an arrow? I tried everything including tearing the bird out of FSX and re-installation a couple of times. Cranked up the P-40 and all was fine. Returned to the Stang and no mouse pointer. Finally, in one of the restarts, I noticed the seat was at default position and I had the mouse pointer. After moving the seat back to where I was comfortable, no mouse pointer. Moved seat forward again and had pointers. Tried several times and every time I allowed room for a long legged pilot, no mouse pointer.

Can anyone explain why? Can the limits be expanded to allow for long legs? Can the software be corrected so that the mouse pointer doesn't go away?

BTW, this bird does not have Accu-Sim yet, just plain vanilla Military.
Al Heline

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Long Legged Fighter Pilots Not Welcome ?????

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

If you move your head point to 'inside the 3d model' then all click spots etc will stop working this is the same with any FSX aircraft. It sounds like you have moved your head position so you are inside the headrest of the seat. If you move it forward again you will be able to use the click spots etc as normal.

thanks
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Re: Long Legged Fighter Pilots Not Welcome ?????

Post by Al FR-153 »

Okay, thanks Lewis. Had not noticed it with other aircraft, but will keep my head inside the bird and try it. :oops: Thanks again for clearing it up.
Al Heline

Image Image Image Image Image Image

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”