Canopy glitch after Core update.

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
CIWS01
Senior Airman

Canopy glitch after Core update.

Post by CIWS01 »

Ok so I just installed the latest core update and was pleased it fixed the sound issue, however I am now having a new issue. I went to open my canopy and get some air before starting my Mustang and after I had opened it and looked away to begin my start up, when I looked back over to my electrical panel I saw the canopy was closed. I hit it again thinking maybe I double clicked on it or something and watched closely. It opens up all the way then instantly slaps closed as if it hadn't been opened at all.

I checked from the outside perspective and sure enough it did the same thing again. The canopy opens up as normal but as soon as it hits the stops it will appear in the closed position again. I've reinstalled the update once already and restarted the sim but it still happens. I will try to re install it one more time and see what happens but if anyone has any ideas please feel free to weigh in on this.

I also apologize if this has already been reported, I didn't see any other reports like this.

*Belay my last!

Unzipped the core update file again and over wrote the original one I used and reinstalled the core update and that seems to have fixed the issue. Sorry I didn't try that before posting here. Maybe if anyone else has this issue my blunder will help them figure out the problem.

Cheers!
Image Image
ImageImage

CIWS01
Senior Airman

Re: Canopy glitch after Core update.

Post by CIWS01 »

Update: yeah I'm already updating it. The glitch is still present, I made the big troubleshooting error of not doing the exact same thing that I did when the issue first happened.

Loading my aircraft at the airport I'm flying out of (Mountain Home AFB in Idaho) Will cause this to happen every single time. If I load the aircraft at a Mountain Home Mun it will not happen.

Still open to ideas I guess. I really want to fly out of this airport. I have yet to try to start the aircraft from a different parking spot at the AFB as the only default location to start is at the Fueling box or the runways.
Image Image
ImageImage

robert41
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by robert41 »

This is an FSX issue. Parking next to any fuel area at any airport will cause the canopy to close.
Quick solution would be, after loading the P51, slew away from the fuel area.
Longer solution would be to add another parking spot.

Hoots
Airman

Post by Hoots »

Yup what Robert said, it's an fsx glitch, soon as you move away the canopy will be back to normal.

CIWS01
Senior Airman

Post by CIWS01 »

Ok good deal thanks. I'll have to go in and add some other parking spots to that airport with ADE that don't involve the Fueling box. Such a large ramp being devoid of parking is laughable lol.
Image Image
ImageImage

Dark_P
Airman

Post by Dark_P »

CIWS01 wrote:Ok good deal thanks. I'll have to go in and add some other parking spots to that airport with ADE that don't involve the Fueling box. Such a large ramp being devoid of parking is laughable lol.
I never choose a parking spot via the "current location" menu, i always use the slew key "y" in game, and move around anywhere i like, and it is quite hilarious racing around on the ground xD

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

Dark_P wrote:
CIWS01 wrote:Ok good deal thanks. I'll have to go in and add some other parking spots to that airport with ADE that don't involve the Fueling box. Such a large ramp being devoid of parking is laughable lol.
I never choose a parking spot via the "current location" menu, i always use the slew key "y" in game, and move around anywhere i like, and it is quite hilarious racing around on the ground xD
Gotta be careful doing that with Accusim, I do it too when I'm not satisfied where the sim puts me, but I've done serious damage once to my B-17 gear which couldn't be retracted, even manually... my maintenance guys were not happy! :) My guess is Accusim still runs in slew mode, and high slew speeds can be bad!

Joe
Joe

Dark_P
Airman

Post by Dark_P »

I did not know it could be bad for the plane, i might stop using it then.

But how bad was your incident with the B-17 Joe?... bad as in complete airplane reeinstal? :O

Regards.

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

I was unable to retract the gear, yet it didn't show in the maintenance hangar... I ended up doing an intentional crash (it always feels so wrong doing this with Accusim!) which enabled me to fix it in the hangar, then everything was fine. I did not have to reinstall or anything like that.

I absolutely recommend slew to get to an optimal starting point, I just make sure to do it very slowly, and if I for some reason need to slew some distance, I keep it below max gear down speed. I've never had a problem since!

Joe
Joe

CIWS01
Senior Airman

Post by CIWS01 »

Good stuff, it was the first time I've ever actually used the slew mode and I had a time of moving it. Way too fast lol. After I moved the aircraft I went to the hanger just to make sure I had a clean slate and sure enough I had a write up on my left gear assy as well. It was clear when I shut it down so perhaps this explains it.
Image Image
ImageImage

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

You could always position a default aircraft by slew and them switch to the Accusim bird... :)
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”