Simulation jumpy after core 1.5

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Matt81
Airman First Class

Simulation jumpy after core 1.5

Post by Matt81 »

It seems like my fsx is a lot slower after 1.5 just the A2A warbirds.
But it's worse with the P-51. It seems like its from the start up with
the new start physics. It is just jumpy and slower and I keep hearing
a sound that sounds Like a back fire but it's not. Is there any thing I can do :?:

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: Simulation jumpy after core 1.5

Post by lonewulf47 »

Not easy to answer that one :lol: . The main problem is that when I don't see the same behaviour on my end it is very hard to judge what the culprit could be. I don't see any changes in behaviour, framerates, stutters etc. than before 1.5 core update. The only thing could be to check all settings again according to our troubleshooting thread: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 94&t=29887 . Sometimes settings on FSX may change without noticing it. Just an idea though as I have no further ideas... :oops:

Maybe also the hint about ALWAYS installing all files for the models depending on the Accusim Core (P40, Spit and P51) might help:

- model
- accusim
- accusim core

in that order. No need to deinstall if not sure. Just install it over the existing installation,
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

Matt81
Airman First Class

Post by Matt81 »

Thanks for the info lonewulf47 I will take a look at all that stuff
I did install every thing in order but I am going to reinstall.
I'll let you know if I fix it thank you! :?:

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

If using a 64bit OS remember to right click the installers and select to run as administrator.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

CharlieP51
Staff Sergeant

Post by CharlieP51 »

I have heard the 'pops' and 'backfires' and seen puffs of smoke at the same time from the Mil Mustang..long before Core update 1.5 It is covered in the manual. <-- the manual NO ONE READS..

RTFM = "Read The Flying Manual."

Happy MANUAL READING to ALL
Intel Core i7 at 4.2 Ghz w/H2O-16G HyperX RAM-Crucial M4 128G SSD (x2) FSX-SSD & Win7-SSD -GTX 690 5G DDR5-LG 32" HDMI 1920x1080

ImageImage
Image Image

ak416
Airman

Post by ak416 »

Hello, I as well as a few of my friends that I fly with are experiencing the same issue. Frame rates have decreased quite a bit, especially in the cockpit, getting strange pops and puffs of smoke, I have probably 50 hours in the Military Mustang and did not experience these issues until the core upgrade to version 1.5. I have read the manual, I have flown the aircraft for quite some time, this is new since updating accu-sim. I initially thought it was just me, but members of my group have been mentioning it as well and now I see you have the same experience. I am running Win 7 64 bit, ran everything as admin, even though it shouldnt be necessary as UAC is turned off, DirectX is up to date, I followed the installation instructions, have read the FAQ and found nothing pertaining to my issue. Is there any more information we can give to help find a cause for this issue?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Just on the off chance have you guys tried the fix for those with crashes; http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 75#p247327

we will have a new core update out very shortly too to address one or two extra issues to the crash one.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

ak416
Airman

Post by ak416 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Just on the off chance have you guys tried the fix for those with crashes; http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 75#p247327

we will have a new core update out very shortly too to address one or two extra issues to the crash one.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
Well, I only flew around one airport for about 10 minutes, but so far so good! Just applied the fix and flew around Orbx's England and my frames were back to normal and no odd startup. I will do a longer flight tonight and edit this post once I give it a bit of a more thorough testing, but I think that solved it. Thanks Lewis!

EDIT: Ok, so I put about 200 miles on her and everything seems back to normal, no loss of frames, everything is running smoothly, I started it up and shut it down a few times and no odd smoke or audio pops, and she is flying great! Thanks again, I really appreciate the help.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Keep your eyes peeled, a new official core update with the fix you have + some other updates will be out very shortly.

Matt81
Airman First Class

Post by Matt81 »

Thank you Ak416 for explaining those problems better. :)
I am going to do a complete reinstall of FSX. :?
And see if that helps thank you everybody for the help.

CharlieP51
Staff Sergeant

Post by CharlieP51 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Keep your eyes peeled, a new official core update with the fix you have + some other updates will be out very shortly.
Peeling EYES...TY for the heads UP Lewis. :roll: :roll: :roll:

BTW to add to this thread (VC fps drop with update 1.5) ++>> I uninstalled my A2A AccuSim P51 and did a reinstall. Flew it around and then did the update to Core 1.4 (not 1.5) and flew it around just checking frames (the "Holy" Grail to many misinformed) then installed Core update 1.5 and flew it around..I cannot see any seat-of-the-pants overwhelmingly noticable FPS change up -or- down with the OE core I think it's 1.3 OR 1.4 OR 1.5 except I like the fancy new wheels in 1.5 and more precise trim control.

Frankly ladies and gents, I read this sort of thing after every update or release of nearly any software product I am familiar with over the past decades..Yes decades. It is human nature <-- like Madonna says! to improperly perceive some 'bug' or 'big problem' or some 'show stopper' issue after the update. Most are self-induced or illussory.

HAPPY SKIES to ALL
Intel Core i7 at 4.2 Ghz w/H2O-16G HyperX RAM-Crucial M4 128G SSD (x2) FSX-SSD & Win7-SSD -GTX 690 5G DDR5-LG 32" HDMI 1920x1080

ImageImage
Image Image

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey guys,

the latest update is now out, its a point increment with a few fixes/upgrades.

1.5.1 accu-sim core update;
http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... 23&t=32774

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”