instant replay

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
HAROLD SCHECKEL JR
Airman First Class

instant replay

Post by HAROLD SCHECKEL JR »

Took off OK, gear flaps up. Went to instant replay to see what it looked like. The prop was bent back but aircraft took off with the bent prop. After that the aircraft needed a major overhaul.
Came in for hot landing, 300MPH overhead then gear and flaps down on base leg. Hit replay and the entire circuit was with gear and flaps down even at 300MPH. What gives?

Also I have no gunsight. Tried turning it off on, reticle bright and all other adjustments on K-14. Am I missing something? Is the answer in the manual which I'm still reading?

I also noticed a catapilar crawling on the right side of the aircraft just below the canopy. Turns out it's the oxygen hose intermittingly protruding from the aircraft.

Overall your best product to date. Congratulations.

Harold

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Re: instant replay

Post by Jigsaw »

The FSX instant replay doesn't record all the animations. I recommend downloading FSRecorder and using that great tool in the future (enable all animations in the play/record options). It doesn't work perfectly either, but is a whole lot better than the FSX out-of-the-box replay function.

http://www.fs-recorder.net/

Also, Accu-sim keeps working during a replay so it's highly recommended that you switch off the Damage option in the control panel (Shift + 3) while watching a replay, otherwise the aircraft will accumulate wear, tear and damage even though you are not flying it.

About the gunsight: did you use the Guns, Camera & Sight or Camera & Sight arming switch on the weapons panel to switch on the gunsights? You can find that switch behind the control stick and above the fuel selector switch.

About the oxygen hose. That will be fixed in the core update 1.3.2. that will probably be released on Friday.
Happy Landings
- Patrick

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”