Here's a new one...

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Cherokeepilot19
Senior Airman

Here's a new one...

Post by Cherokeepilot19 »

Let me start by saying... Wow... This plane rocks. Once again, a stellar release...

So I'm thinking this could just be on my client end because nobody else seems to have this problem, but here goes...

The aircraft popup windows (Shift+2-7) for both my P-40 and P-51 seems to have some oddity on some of the text and it looks like its not lining up in some of the spots. Have a look: (I highlighted the obvious spots)

What I HAVE done to try and fix it is this:

-Backed up old fsx.cfg and had FS rebuild a new one
-Installed the accusim core update 1.3.1 (I think it is)
-Unplugged my second monitor to make sure it wasn't interfering.
-Ran in full screen and windowed mode
-Loaded a fresh flight in a C172 and made sure all was normal, then loaded P40/P51
-Installed the simconnect fix thing even though above appeared normal

I have DX11 so that's not it. And I call myself very computer savvy and cannot figure this one out.

Ideas?
"A good landing is one you can walk away from.. A great landing is one when you can reuse the plane!" :D
i9-9900k @ 5.2 GHz W/C'ed
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti HYBRID 11GB
32GB DDR4 @ 3400 MHz
ASUS Z390-E | EVGA 1200w P2
970 Evo+ 512gb

wallydog
Senior Airman

Re: Here's a new one...

Post by wallydog »

Cherokee,

I also have this issue but it was so minor I didn't bother to post but wanted to let you know that you are not alone. I first noticed this with one of the pop-ups in the P-40. My screen resolution is 1920x1080.

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Not sure it applies to this problem, but I did have these types of issues on my new widescreen TV until I set the Desktop resolution to match the FSX resolution....?

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Cherokeepilot19
Senior Airman

wallydog wrote:Cherokee,

I also have this issue but it was so minor I didn't bother to post but wanted to let you know that you are not alone. I first noticed this with one of the pop-ups in the P-40. My screen resolution is 1920x1080.
Glad to know I'm not alone.

Killratio wrote:Not sure it applies to this problem, but I did have these types of issues on my new widescreen TV until I set the Desktop resolution to match the FSX resolution....?

Darryl
Yes, my desktop and FSX resolution match.
"A good landing is one you can walk away from.. A great landing is one when you can reuse the plane!" :D
32GB DDR4 @ 3400 MHz
970 Evo+ 512gb

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

I always had that problem when I still had Ati graphics cards, regardless of the drivers I used. It's not just an A2A problem, but happens with other 2D panels as well (FSPassengers for example). I never saw that problem again after I switched to an nvidia card so it must have something to do with the way Ati cards render 2D overlays in FSX. I never found a fix for it.
Last edited by Jigsaw on 30 May 2012, 18:24, edited 1 time in total.
Happy Landings
- Patrick

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

You may want to click on a corner of the window, and make them bigger if you can (I'd try, but not at home)... I had an issue like this ironically with the PMDG NGX using the pop-up windows. For some reason lately FSX has been shrinking my pop up windows causing texture distortions like that. So hopefully making your pop up window bigger will fix it for you.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

Cherokeepilot19
Senior Airman

Roadburner426 wrote:You may want to click on a corner of the window, and make them bigger if you can (I'd try, but not at home)... I had an issue like this ironically with the PMDG NGX using the pop-up windows. For some reason lately FSX has been shrinking my pop up windows causing texture distortions like that. So hopefully making your pop up window bigger will fix it for you.
I tried this. No luck unfortunately.
Jigsaw wrote:I always had that problem with when I still had Ati graphics cards, regardless of the drivers I used. It's not just an A2A problem, but happens with other 2D panels as well (FSPassengers for example). I never saw that problem again after I switched to an nvidia card so it must have something to do with the way Ati cards render 2D overlays in FSX. I never found a fix for it.
That is so dumb. I have a pretty new card too, and it super fast. My old setup was a 1gb 9800GX2 and I never had this problem so I'm willing to bet you're right.
32GB DDR4 @ 3400 MHz
970 Evo+ 512gb

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”