Civ Mustang Night Lighting Adjustable?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Civ Mustang Night Lighting Adjustable?

Post by MkIV Hvd »

I'm flying more at night lately and wondering if it's possible with a .cfg tweak to aim the right side glare shield light a bit more to the left to cover the altimeter and RHS of the ADI as well? Thanks for any assistance offered!

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Civ Mustang Night Lighting Adjustable?

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Rob,

It should be possible to illuminate all the primary instruments using the spotlights without having to resort to .cfg file tweaks. It looks like you just need to swivel the lamps (by clicking and dragging the brackets of each) to better illuminate that dark spot over the altimeter.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Thanks Nick!!

I *thought* I’d seen the lights move before but missed the click spot on the bracket… :roll:

Cheers!
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome Rob. The hand held flashlight in P3Dv5 is pretty handy for actually finding the brackets in order to click them too, as we can't exactly grope around for them in the dark in the sim. Or at least the sim equivalent (randomly moving the cursor around in roughly the right bit of screen until it changes into a hand) has limited long-term appeal! :)

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Hahaha very true! In this case, the issue was not that I couldn't find it, rather that I didn't know I was looking for it. :wink:
On another note, isn't it nice that I regularly ask really easy questions, to which I should have known the answer? :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

MkIV Hvd wrote: 21 Dec 2021, 08:02
On another note, isn't it nice that I regularly ask really easy questions, to which I should have known the answer? :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Rob
Keep it up, Rob. It saves me having to.

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

ratty wrote: 21 Dec 2021, 17:39
MkIV Hvd wrote: 21 Dec 2021, 08:02

Cheers,
Rob
Keep it up, Rob. It saves me having to.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rob Wilkinson

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

MkIV Hvd wrote: 21 Dec 2021, 08:02 On another note, isn't it nice that I regularly ask really easy questions, to which I should have known the answer? :mrgreen:
Yes, these are absolutely my favourite sorts of questions Rob, especially when they give me an excuse to load up the sim before replying to double check that what I'm about to post is actually correct. :)

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Nick - A2A wrote: 22 Dec 2021, 09:18Yes, these are absolutely my favourite sorts of questions Rob, especially when they give me an excuse to load up the sim before replying to double check that what I'm about to post is actually correct. :)

Cheers,
Nick
LOL Happy to oblige Sir!!
Rob Wilkinson

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”