P51 Civilian and ADF

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
M_D_F
Airman

P51 Civilian and ADF

Post by M_D_F »

I am hoping someone can give me some advice about using the ADF radio in the P51 Civilian.

I find the radio very hard to tune. The numbers seem to jump about oddly when you select and turn the dials. When trying to tune 321 for the St Mary's ndb on the isles of Scilly, having dialed the 3 and switched to select the tens the hundreds jump again? Is there a correct technique to tuning this radio.

Also, where is the adf needle? I can't seem to find one?

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: P51 Civilian and ADF

Post by Tomas Linnet »

I can’t remember how to operate the radios with a mouse in the Civilian version, as I use a Saitek radio panel. Did you check the manual?
For the needle to point you to the tuned ADF, you’ll need to turn a knob on your HSI, it’s behind the heading selector. Horizontal for VOR and vertical for ADF if I remember correctly.
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

M_D_F
Airman

Post by M_D_F »

Thanks for the reply. I didn't see that switch I'll have a look. The numbers seem to jump about without a pattern, even on the a2a radio window.

M_D_F
Airman

Post by M_D_F »

So that little switch was staring me in the face! And, when it's switched to adf the radio tuning works fine.

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”