RW Mustang Practice Flight

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

RW Mustang Practice Flight

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Wow after a bunch of hours in the amazing A2A Mustang, this looks and feels just like another sim flight to me. Just more proof that the A2A team absolutely nailed this airplane...thanks again A2A...esp. Mr. Henriquez!!! :a2awhite: :mrgreen: :a2a:
I also like the fact that the airplane is the same one Dreamsofwings Rob used for his last Mustang video. 8) This airplane spent a summer in Calgary a few years ago and I ran into it by accident when I walked into a hangar at Springbank Airport on a sales call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzC6z9ShXMM

I noticed that his use of brakes on landing was pretty much the exact opposite of mine...lots of short field practice lately and the parts are free :mrgreen:
The other thing that stood out to me was that he mentioned the rolling to the right felt awkward and that in a roll to the left, the torque helps the roll. The torque part is of course very true, but I always found that with the Harvard and now I know the effect is felt much more in the Mustang, in a roll to the right, the torque does help with keeping the nose up throughout the roll. I found that during a roll to the left, it's much easier to let the nose drop and dish out of the roll, so from that point on every roll I ever did was to the right.

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Re: RW Mustang Practice Flight

Post by ratty »

MkIV Hvd wrote: 13 Feb 2021, 09:33 Wow after a bunch of hours in the amazing A2A Mustang, this looks and feels just like another sim flight to me.
I hear that. I was bobbing my head trying to change the view! Great video.

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

ratty wrote: 13 Feb 2021, 13:27 I hear that. I was bobbing my head trying to change the view! Great video.
LOL me too!! :lol:
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Just stunning isnt it, also that livery is pure awesome :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”