P51 Military and Civilian re-installation

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
Rudyjo
Senior Airman

P51 Military and Civilian re-installation

Post by Rudyjo »

I somehow deleted my entire effects file and have been reinstalling all my payware planes. All my A2A planes are working except for both P-51's.
What is the proper installation order when installing both models at the same time?
Both planes and then Accusim? Or should Accusim be installed after each plane?
I will install the civilian first, should it be flown first before installing accusim?
I will install the latest update after doing both planes.
Thamks

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: P51 Military and Civilian re-installation

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

Order is:

P-51D aircraft
Accu-Sim package
latest update.

There is no need to install the Accu-Sim after each plane, they both share one Accu-Sim.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Install both Mustangs first, then the AccuSim (once), then run the Core Updater.

But, for example, if you already had the CivilIan Mustang and AccuSim installed and then decided to add the Military P-51D, you should finish by running the AccuSim installer again and then the Core Updater again.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Rudyjo
Senior Airman

Post by Rudyjo »

Thanks Guys, Everything is working now.
One thing that I think caused the problems on my first re-installation was that I deleted both planes by using Control Panel / Programs only.
This time I also went through the various FSX files and found more places where the Mustang had files left in place. Those were completely deleted this time.
All my other A2A planes were also uninstalled using only the Control Panel / Programs method.
I see now that I should have also gone through everything like I did on the Mustang. If it seems that anything doesn't seem to work right on any of those planes, I'll go ahead and uninstall them the right way.
The problem I had with both Mustangs was that they could not be controlled on the runway, no amount of rudder would keep them on the runway.

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”