Sierra Sue II

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
TomLovesMustangs
Airman First Class

Sierra Sue II

Post by TomLovesMustangs »

Was a repaint her ever made for the Accu Sim Mustang seen one for the Warbirdsim version.

NAA551WB
Senior Airman

Re: Sierra Sue II

Post by NAA551WB »

I have never seen one and I would have to say that it hasn't been done yet. I'm sure there are a lot of detailed photo's of Sierra Sue and not to mention a 2 hour documentary of the restoration of Sierra Sue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BzGDUNgmL0

This would certainly be a good one to do as the attention to detail is absolutely exquisite.

HuwJHopkins
Airman Basic

Post by HuwJHopkins »

I would love to see a skin for this P-51!
Deputy Editor

TomLovesMustangs
Airman First Class

Post by TomLovesMustangs »

Sorry for the late reply I to would love to see it done. And thank you for the link will have ti give it a watch.

Talus
Airman

Post by Talus »

So, I have known Sierra Sue II for a long time. I had a chance to work on her, sit in the cockpit, and learn the theory of Mustang flight at the young age of 14 and 15 from some amazing conversations with her pilot and owner. This was back when she was owned by Roger "Doc" Christgau. He was an incredible man, and one hell of a Mustang pilot. I recently stopped by Wings of the North to snap some pictures of the recently restored Sierra Sue II, and they did an immaculate job. If someone was willing to do a repaint, I could fairly easily produce any image they wanted. This, is an amazing airplane, and will always be "Doc's" airplane in my mind. This one could do well for a weathered version, especially with the rainbow oil residue down the side, as Doc HATED having that cleaned off (He cleaned that plane about once a year). I spent a few nights helping Doc fix this or that, as he did all the work on her himself. May he rest in peace, and find blue skies.

~Talus

Subwofer2
Airman

Post by Subwofer2 »

I'm just bumping this one up in hopes their is an individual with an interest to complete the current livery worn by the restored and flying combat veteran, Sierra Sue II.

Any takers?
Image Image
Image Image

Subwofer2
Airman

Post by Subwofer2 »

Repaint released!

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=73223
Image Image
Image Image

new reply