an idea for a accu-feel update

Discussions about current features in development
new reply
dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

an idea for a accu-feel update

Post by dvm »

I discovered by accident while sitting on the ramp with the engine shutdown that the Virtigo Studios SBD has Ambient airport sounds including birds, aircraft flying by and the wind. The wind intensity changes with the strength of the wind. If this could be incorporated in accu-feel I think it would add realism and atmosphere to the sim. I made a post in the Pilots lounge about this but thought that this would be a more appropriate place for this request.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: an idea for a accu-feel update

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Interesting idea but it'd be hard for it to really be for all occasions and might be more a nuisance. Are you sure the sound is with the aircraft and not the scenery, as many sceneries and airports come with subtle custom sounds.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: an idea for a accu-feel update

Post by dvm »

It is part of the sound file for the aircraft "Ambient_airstrip.wav". I thought it was kind of cool just sitting there after a flight and kicking back. You could add the engine cool down sounds as well. I thought the wind sound that increases with the wind speed also kinda of interesting. Just an idea and you may be right more trouble than it's worth.

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel Development & Feedback”