Waterdrag slider - no effect

Discussions about current features in development
new reply
wothan
Staff Sergeant

Waterdrag slider - no effect

Post by wothan »

I wonder how the waterdrag drag slider is supposed to work.

Both in P3D and FSX SP2 I see little effect adjusting it.
Regardless if it´s set fully left (Off) or fully right, it takes the same amount of power to start moving.
Only unchecking the SEA box seems to make a difference on the drag.

2.09 beta has now been out for a quite along time - are there any plans for a new official non beta update ?

FinnJ
When I like to do basic flying, I turn to A2A Aircraft, cause A2A "basic" flying means "complex" procedures.

wothan
Staff Sergeant

Re: Waterdrag slider - no effect

Post by wothan »

Hmm...

Not to rush, but a full week has passed and no feedback.

FinnJ
When I like to do basic flying, I turn to A2A Aircraft, cause A2A "basic" flying means "complex" procedures.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Sorry, I missed this. The water drag slider is subtle but should affect how fast the plane accelerates and slows down on the water. Have you tried it with the FSX default Beaver as a test?

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

wothan
Staff Sergeant

Post by wothan »

Scott - A2A wrote:Sorry, I missed this. The water drag slider is subtle but should affect how fast the plane accelerates and slows down on the water. Have you tried it with the FSX default Beaver as a test?

Scott.
I'm one of the developers on the Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended.

Since Acuufeel V2 generally enhances water physics alot for our Float and Amphibian (Beta version), the beta testers and I found that setting the the waterdrag slider had little or no impact, even when set to Off.
While affect on acceleration/decelleration can be a bit difficult to gauge, I hoped that it also would set how much power would be needed to "unstick" the plane from a standstill.

I tried the same test with the default Beaver and found the same behaviour.

Regardless is this is something that can be changed or not, we still highly recommend Accufeel V2 for the Twin Otter, since it makes water handling much more immersive.

I just hope You will look into it for the next beta or full official version.
My suggestion is that a setting near Off/0 should reflect FSX default waterdrag and 100 alot more sticky water, both for acc/decc and "unsticking".

Best regards
Finn Jacobsen
(Aerosoft Developer)

wothan
Staff Sergeant

Post by wothan »

Hmmm..

I know You are busy with the Cessna 172 release, but still another 2 weeks has gone since my last question was asked and still no feedback.

FinnJ

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Sorry Finn for the delay. I will check this today and get back to you here.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Finn,

It turns out the water drag slider works only when AUTO WAVES were OFF. I just changed this so it works regardless.
New update here:
http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... 90&t=34173

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

wothan
Staff Sergeant

Post by wothan »

Scott - A2A wrote:Finn,

It turns out the water drag slider works only when AUTO WAVES were OFF. I just changed this so it works regardless.
New update here:
http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... 90&t=34173

Scott.
Thanks alot Scott !!

As said - we will highly recomend people to use Accufeel toghether with the Twin Otter for added realism.

FinnJ

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel Development & Feedback”