What is your experience with V2 turbulence effects..

Discussions about current features in development
new reply
Nico081
Staff Sergeant

What is your experience with V2 turbulence effects..

Post by Nico081 »

...using real world weather setting and no preselected bad weather themes? I also do not mean any EZDOK head movement effects.

Hi,

purchased the upgrade version Accu Feel V1 -> V2.

I was flying 50 hours since the update and never felt any audible and visible "working" airplane. The Accu Feel sounds of Wind and tire scratch etc. are audible, but never had any effects at the airframe due to turbulence at all altitudes.
As Scott adviced, "clear air tubulence" slider is left and due to no turbulence i advanced global turbulence effects more to the right. I was flying in Europe using real world weather (AS2012).

AS2012 main screen showed that there were 1900FMP downdraft and updraft was generated at several moments, did not felt that in the airplane.

Is there anything wrong here?
P3D v3.2
Addons: FSG2010, REX4 Direct+Soft Clouds, Hifi ASN, PMDG, Dodosim, A2A accusim all, Katana4X, Majestic, ORBX, Fly Tampa, DRZEWIECKI DESIGN, FSDreamteam, Flight Beam,..,..

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: What is your experience with V2 turbulence effects..

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Nico,

Accu-feel only enhances the turbulence effect it doesnt create one of its own accord. So if your weather engine doesn't model turbulence when accu-feel has nothing to work with.

I believe AS2012 is one of the weather engines that turns turbulence off. or recommend turning it off?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

I01
Staff Sergeant

Post by I01 »

Lewis

"I believe AS2012 is one of the weather engines that turns turbulence off. or recommend turning it off?"

That's interesting, I have used Active Sky for years and had missed this. The current AS2012 manual does recommend that turbulence be turned off as you say.

Maybe we should do any test flights using Accufeel with either our own weather or the defaule MS real weather.

Ian

Nico081
Staff Sergeant

Post by Nico081 »

Hi Ian,

i use AS2012 as weather engine and has disabled internal FSX "turbulence effects at airframe", i think due to any AS2012 maual instructions. There were several issues (S- turns with some PMDG aircraft for example which also advice to reduce turbulence value in fsx.cfg manually)

What i now did, i unchecked that "FSX disable turbulence effects at airframe" and went for a flight. Now the Accu Feel V2 Airframe effects becomes feelable. The AS2012 manual says, there is AS2012 own generated turbulence, but that seems not working effective.

So AS2012 seems to need that FSX checkbox to be unchecked to get AF V2 the information it needs to work.

It is to hard to find usable treads for realistik settings, but look at this tread post #11 i found on avsim (Hifi unofficial support):

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/389786-get ... try2565953

Damian Clark (Hifisim) wrote:
AS2012 specifies turbulence within the aloft wind layer(s) and cloud layers. The turbulence specified is influenced by random factors as well as air stability (and your option settings). Yes, checking the Disable turbulence and thermal effects will negate the depiction of such turbulence (and thermals, which are also generated by AS2012).

You should leave the effects enabled unless you have exhausted efforts to avoid s-turns via the other recommendations (only applies to certain 3rd party aircraft).
P3D v3.2
Addons: FSG2010, REX4 Direct+Soft Clouds, Hifi ASN, PMDG, Dodosim, A2A accusim all, Katana4X, Majestic, ORBX, Fly Tampa, DRZEWIECKI DESIGN, FSDreamteam, Flight Beam,..,..

I01
Staff Sergeant

Post by I01 »

I haven't been able to fly FSX much lately but here's a few obesrvarions.

Even though AS2012 says disable turbulence effect on aircraft this is what Damian Clark says on Avsim

Quote: "AS2012 specifies turbulence within the aloft wind layer(s) and cloud layers. The turbulence specified is influenced by random factors as well as air stability (and your option settings). Yes, checking the Disable turbulence and thermal effects will negate the depiction of such turbulence (and thermals, which are also generated by AS2012).
You should leave the effects enabled unless you have exhausted efforts to avoid s-turns via the other recommendations (only applies to certain 3rd party aircraft)."

I now leave turbulence effect on aircraft on.

Over the last week or so I've used AS2012 and had turbulence which could be considered realistic. I ensure that where ever I fly it has a weather reporting station for best results. The area I chose had real weather which would have favoured turbulence. Flying in the same areas I've tried FSX real weather & had similar results as those with AS2012. This has not always been the case with AS2012 being more benign.

I'm still adjusting the sliders to refine the ride.

Ian

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel Development & Feedback”