Accu-Feel V 2.2 P3D V5

Post any technical issues running the product here
vtracy
Senior Airman

Accu-Feel V 2.2 P3D V5

Post by vtracy »

Lewis,
I have a strange problem:
I installed several A2A aircraft except Spitfire. I then installed Accu-Feel (had downloaded from my account with A2A). Then installed Spitfire.
When I started the Spit, it briefly displayed the a/c, then CTD. Happened every time. I then de-installed Spitfire, re-installed: same problem. Deinstalled Accu-Feel, tried to start Spit, no success.
I then de-installed all installed aircraft (Bonanza, Comanche, Texan, Mustang) Cleaned all folders with „A2A“ in their name and had de-installed Accu-Feel. Tried to install in a different location (to be sure not to „stumble“ over remaining pieces of old installs). At the start of the install procedure, where the install path can be selected, I could not change the old entry. A remark above the folder entry said that a previous A2A installation was detectred and all further installations must be in the same folder („users/…/Documents/Prepar3D v5 Add-ons/ ). I tried to find the registry entries, deleted those that I found but still could not install elsewhere.
How can I clean all the remaining entries and install my aircraft (and the latest Accu-Feel version?) in a folder of my choice?
I am a bit desperate, please help. Thanks!
Volker

Any landing that you can walk away from is a good landing!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Accu-Feel V 2.2 P3D V5

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

that's a bit hard to follow but a few things to note would be that Accu-feel is unrelated to the aircraft products so you can take that out of the equation. If you want to move the install path, you'll want to use the uninstaller to uninstall all the products, and then run P3D itself to let it default its own files. Then you should be able to reinstall as you wish (personally I still always recommend a system restart).

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

vtracy
Senior Airman

Post by vtracy »

Lewis,

thank you for your reply. I had done everything you suggest: de-install using the uninstaller; delete all A2A folders on all drives; delete all registry entries that I found pointing to the A2A folders; warm start of Windows 10.
Whenever I tried to install one of your aircraft, the install procedure gave me the old install path and did not let me change it, „because of a previous Accu-Feel installation in this folder“.
My problem as I see it, is how to delete the entry that leads to this error message. If you could let me know what to do, where to look for the entry, I should be very grateful. Is there a registry entry or an xml one that I could have missed?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Volker

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Where abouts did you originally install the software. It sounds like you didnt run P3D post uninstall which is the important step as otherwise P3D will keep pointing to the folders.

Did you check the add-ons.cfg file?

It should be in your user folder in the hidden AppData folder so you'll need to make sure show hidden folders is set to on in windows (something I advise doing by standard tbh as a simmer its just useful to have such things visible. An example of my path;

\Users\Lewis\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5

thanks,
Lewis

vtracy
Senior Airman

Post by vtracy »

Lewis,

I tried installing the Spitfire again. This time, the install procedure let me; I could even change the default path to another drive.The installation went without error message. I then started P3Dv5.2HF1, in the startup screen, I selected the Spit as the vehicle, and clicked OK, and this happened:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o40kilnv67sjc ... 7.MOV?dl=0
I then started the default vehicle/location (Mooney/Goodwood); P3D started, opened Goodwood and the Mooney. I then changed the vehicle to "Spitfire Mk IIb":
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v57cmjx86pwvf ... 8.MOV?dl=0
(Sorry for the bad quality, I used my iPhone to record.)
I tried a different location, same effect.
I am baffled. Can you help me find the mistake, please. If I knew where to find the install.log, I could send you that. (I tried attaching the Windows event log but it was rejected)
(I thought of the possibility that my install file for the Spit could be defect, so downloaded from your website/my account/downloads, again.)
Volker

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

What's changed between it working and not working on your system, new drivers or anything?

Did you run the updater?

Can you install another A2A product and see how you get on with that since you own a few, its worth checking if its accu-sim code playing up, p3d initialisation or the spitfire itself. Running another product and letting me know will help me tie that answer down.

thanks,
Lewis

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Volker,

Just to add to Lewis' comments, have you tried resetting P3D to its default settings? This is always the first thing I'd recommend in the event of a CTD and certainly something to try before uninstalling and reinstalling any products or messing with the registry.

To achieve this, you can simply back up and then delete the Prepar3D.cfg file. For a complete reset of P3D, you can also use the "delete generated files" shortcut in the main P3D installation directory. However, be aware that this will reset key bindings and so on too.

If this doesn't help, the next thing I'd recommend is to back up and then delete the entire "A2A" folder in "Documents". This is folder that Accu-Sim uses when storing the persistent state of aircraft and there's always a small chance of of these files could be corrupted. Provided your system is able to write to this directory, it will be recreated next time you load one of the Accu-Sim planes.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

vtracy
Senior Airman

Post by vtracy »

Nick, Lewis,

before I install another A2A aircraft (Comanche, Bonanza), I‘d like to be able to see how the install process went. Is there/where? an install log somewhere, where any extraordinary event is recorded?
Pse let me know where to look. I will install the other aircraft again (they were installed before the CTD and I had de-installed all and deleted the A2A folders everywhere).
I am sure that the problem lies with my system, I just do not know where! In the past, every time I installed A2A aircraft, all wen well and I had fun flying them. That is why I am so perplexed now…
Volker

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Volker,

The install logs will be in the following folder.

C:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\Local\Temp

You should find some MSI????.log files corresponding to any recent installations, where ???? are randomly-generated characters. However, if the installation process itself isn't reporting any issues, I don't think this will be related to the CTD you're experiencing hence the suggestions above to reset the settings in P3D.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

vtracy
Senior Airman

Post by vtracy »

Thank you Nick.

I am about to install the Comanche and the Bonanza, just to be sure. BTW, I did a clean new install of P3D after the CTD, installed all ORBX sceneries that worked before and some others. Your a/c all did work well after the new installation, just not the Spit. That is why I want a look at the install log.
Wish me luck…
Vollker

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Good luck! :wink:

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

vtracy
Senior Airman

Post by vtracy »

Nick,
I could successfully install the Bonanza v35. (I have a short video if needed.)
I started the a/c and all went well.
I then changed vehicles to the Spitfire; it appeared then vanished and P3D crashed. I found the install log in the folder you gave me, however, this forum apparently does not accept .log or .txt files. and it is too long to copy the text here. How can i send it?
Thank you for your help!
Volker
Last edited by vtracy on 24 Feb 2022, 14:48, edited 1 time in total.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Volker,

Before we worry too much about the installer log, can you let me know if you've tried removing the log.dat files for the Spit as suggested above? If it's just the Spitfire which is CTDing, then you don't need to remove the whole "A2A" folder in "Documents", just remove this directory or delete the files within it (ideally back them up first).

C:\Users\[UserName]\Documents\A2A\FSX\Spitfire

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

vtracy
Senior Airman

Post by vtracy »

Nick,
in the folder you gave for the Spitfire, there is no file at all while in the folder for the Bonanza, there are 3 files:
BonanzaV35log.dat
dme
v2_BonanzaV35log.dat

Volker

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Volker, this is a little odd: that the other aircraft can write to this directory but the Spitfire can't. You mentioned above moving the installation directory, and I'm just wondering if you've somehow installed the Spit using a different file path.

Please can you just post here the full file path for where your main Spitfire install directory is. For example, the default is:

C:\Users\[UserName]\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\A2A\SimObjects\Airplanes\WoP3_Spitfire

And then can you confirm that the path is equivalent for the Bonanza, e.g:

C:\Users\[UserName]\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\A2A\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_Beechcraft_35_Bonanza

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel Technical Support”