Accufeel Causing Overstress Failure???

Post any technical issues running the product here
new reply
GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Accufeel Causing Overstress Failure???

Post by GaryRR »

Here is what happened. Loaded up in P3D v4 the Lionhart Mooney Acclaim to study Accufeel at KSEG, my home regional. The winds favored Rnwy 17 this day. I took off, climb out, left pattern. Position, upwind, crosswind, base. As I am turning base I heard the sounds and saw the shake of turbulence. I am descending 2800 to 2200 ft. for final, about 160 knots. That Mooney likes to go fast. I hoped the turbulence would pass but it crescendo until a failure occured and restart sim. I hadn't yet dropped gear or flaps. This happened with another aircraft in FSX, the Carenado PC 12. Good conditions, cruise, correct speed, but sudden turbulence and stress failure. Is this common and do the default settings in Accusim need dialed back?

Thanks.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Accufeel Causing Overstress Failure???

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes if the turbulence was severe it could overstress the aircraft for sure, even without Accu-feel that can happen. Accu-feel does allow you to change it a bit though so you can use the various settings on the control panel to make the stall speeds and what not different that'll then have a knock on effect with the conditions you mentioned.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Post by GaryRR »

So, is there a way to know from one aircraft to the next what the authentic Accusim settings would be? I don't want an eggshell that will break with a little normal turbulence but I don't want to cheat either, I want to keep it real.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

It will take what it can from the aircrafts cfg file but otherwise you can play with the settings regarding the stall etc. But as mentioned it probably isn't Accu-feel doing this.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Post by GaryRR »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 10 Feb 2022, 06:17 It will take what it can from the aircrafts cfg file but otherwise you can play with the settings regarding the stall etc. But as mentioned it probably isn't Accu-feel doing this.

thanks,
Lewis

Next time I feel the turbulence like that I will try a quick course change and see what happens.

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel Technical Support”