Accu-Feel V 2.2 P3D V5

Post any technical issues running the product here
new reply
Spad611
Airman Basic

Accu-Feel V 2.2 P3D V5

Post by Spad611 »

Purchased it and initially could see it in the add-on menu but not in header and no option to manage settings. Uninstalled and reinstalled to the default location D:\Orbx\Orbx_Library\p3dv5

Installed

Confirmed location

No option in header

Does not appear as an active addon

Please advise if there is a solution or V5 does not support Thanks

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Accu-Feel V 2.2 P3D V5

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Spad, welcome to the A2A forums and sorry to hear you've had some problems with the Orbx Central installation of Accu-Feel.

Accu-Feel is indeed supported in v5 of P3D. As far as Orbx Central installation goes, have you tried the basic troubleshooting options within their interface? Firstly the "verify files" command shown in your screenshot and also the option under "settings" (the cog icon) and then "help" to "sync simulator"?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Spad611
Airman Basic

Post by Spad611 »

I verified files and synced the simulator It's present here D:\Orbx\Orbx_Library\p3dv5\A2A Accu-Feel (P3D Academic) but does not show as an add on in the simulator addons menu Thoughts?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the info. You mention Accu-Feel was initially present in the add-on menu. Did you click on the Accu-Feel option at this time, and if so, did it launch?

It's possible that your antivirus software has quarantined or deleted the "A2A_Feel.dll" and/or the "AccuFeelMenu.dll" upon installation (Bitdefender in particular is prone to deleting files without notification). Please can you check that both of these files are present in the "Modules" folder in the installation?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Spad611
Airman Basic

Post by Spad611 »

Hi Nick
I was not presented with that option. Both files are present in this location: D:\Orbx\Orbx_Library\p3dv5\A2A Accu-Feel (P3D Academic)\Modules. Also I see that I have 2 "Libraries" Is that normally the case? D:\Orbx\Orbx_Library\p3dv5\Orbx Libraries Thanks

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Spad,

It does seem a bit odd to have an Orbx Library folder within an Orbx Library as you describe.

I know the Accu-Sim product page on Orbx Central says that support for A2A products is provided here and I hate to pass the buck, but in this case as it's an installation issue, you may be better off posting on the Orbx forum. The guys over there are the real experts behind Central and its installation logic.

I can still try to help if you'd like, but it might save you time to go direct to Orbx.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Spad611
Airman Basic

Post by Spad611 »

I'll reach out to them. Hopefully I'll get an answer. Do you have any other thoughts about the duplicate Library?

Spad611
Airman Basic

Post by Spad611 »

I stumbled on a solution and now all is working perfectly. In the Library settings menu I deleted the default library location and ensured that all products installed in that location were also uninstalled. When I installed Accu-Feel Orbx Central rebuilt the library, installing Accu-Feel to that location. Restarted P3D was prompted to activate Accu-Feel and the rest proceeded normally. Life is good. Thanks again Nick

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update Spad - pleased you got everything working. I'll make a note of this topic for future reference in case anyone reports a similar issue.

Hope you like Accu-Feel and if you have any further questions or issue, please drop us a line.

All the best,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Spad611
Airman Basic

Post by Spad611 »

Love Accu-Feel been using it since it’s inception. We will be recommend it in our product release note as an optimization for users.

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

Just bought Accu feel for p3dv5 direct from the A2A store and have a similar problem. There is no way to run the application. The desktop icon leads me back to an installer but when I attempt to install it just asks me if I want to uninstall, so I uninstalled and downloaded again but not even a desktop icon this time. What's going on?
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

Well thats interesting. After attempting to install Accu-feel I went ahead and started P3Dv5 and got a message at the flash screen asking if I wanted to enable Accu-feel. I clicked yes but still have no opening screen for Accu-feel.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

OK, got it working now!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

bullfox wrote: 09 Jun 2021, 18:08 OK, got it working now!
Hey, I am not sure I was following, it sounded like you where trying to install to a system that already had it or had the system registry entries to make the installer think it was already installed.

thanks
Lewis- A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel Technical Support”