Accufeel v2 crashing fsx on start up

Post any technical issues running the product here
Flyer21
Airman

Accufeel v2 crashing fsx on start up

Post by Flyer21 »

I know there are other threads discussing this issue, but I have tried the fixes recommended and still cannot get FSX to start properly, it just gives me this message(see attached picture) and crashes the simulator. I am running AVG anti virus, but I do not think that is the issue because I have been running Accufeel for a few months without any issues. I even ran the sim yesterday with no problems, and have not changed or installed anything new since yesterday, so I do not know what is going on. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Here's the link to the screenshot with the error message I get on startup.
https://freeimage.host/i/2XCZdX

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Accufeel v2 crashing fsx on start up

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello and welcome.

I think the first thing for us to check is the version of FSX that you're running. From the splash screen it's one of the disk edition rather than FSX-SE, but do you have either the free service packs or the FSX Acceleration add-on installed too?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Flyer21
Airman

Post by Flyer21 »

Thanks for the reply, my version is FSX-Acceleration dvd edition with both SP1 and SP2.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for confirming. Did you manually install the SPs to your installation and if so, how long ago? FSX Acceleration doesn't require these SP's, and as it's been quite a few years since I used the disk edition, I can't remember if it'll let you install the SPs on top of Acceleration or not.

However, one thing you could try is inserting the Acceleration DVD and then selecting the option to run a repair on your FSX installation.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Flyer21
Airman

Post by Flyer21 »

Nick - A2A wrote: 05 Oct 2020, 14:24 Thanks for confirming. Did you manually install the SPs to your installation and if so, how long ago? FSX Acceleration doesn't require these SP's, and as it's been quite a few years since I used the disk edition, I can't remember if it'll let you install the SPs on top of Acceleration or not.

However, one thing you could try is inserting the Acceleration DVD and then selecting the option to run a repair on your FSX installation.

Cheers,
Nick
Thanks for the reply Nick, it installed the SP's with the disc install, that was probably 3 years ago or so. I also failed to mention in my initial post that I have been running Accufeel v2 since July without any issues until yesterday.

Regards,

Flyer21

Flyer21
Airman

Post by Flyer21 »

I have uninstalled Accufeel until there is a fix, because I still want to use my simulator.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Flyer,

did you try a reinstall?

You mention you have been running things fine, so since programs don't stop working on there own something will have happened. Have you recently installed any new software, any changes to your system etc?

Unfortunately there wont be a fix from our end as nothing is broken. We need to find out exactly what else on your system has broken the software, however in this case a reinstall might get you up and running again if a third party interference has changed some files to stop Accu-feel from running.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Flyer21
Airman

Post by Flyer21 »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 06 Oct 2020, 05:15 Hello Flyer,

did you try a reinstall?

You mention you have been running things fine, so since programs don't stop working on there own something will have happened. Have you recently installed any new software, any changes to your system etc?

Unfortunately there wont be a fix from our end as nothing is broken. We need to find out exactly what else on your system has broken the software, however in this case a reinstall might get you up and running again if a third party interference has changed some files to stop Accu-feel from running.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
I have tried a reinstall a couple of times now, no luck, same issue. I have not installed any new software recently, the last was over a month ago (without any issues) nor made any changes to the system. I also checked both the fsx cfg and dll, and it says that the program is allowed as trusted software. Whats next?

Thanks,

Flyer 21

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Any driver changes or windows updates, any new anti-virus?

As I say a program cannot make itself not work one day if it was working the previous day so we need to try to figure out what happened between it working and not working. Are you running the sim as admin mode?

Is it FSX Disc edition or Steam edition, if steam edition have you changed to a beta branch or had any game updates come down etc?

thanks,
Lewis

Flyer21
Airman

Post by Flyer21 »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 06 Oct 2020, 17:12 Any driver changes or windows updates, any new anti-virus?

As I say a program cannot make itself not work one day if it was working the previous day so we need to try to figure out what happened between it working and not working. Are you running the sim as admin mode?

Is it FSX Disc edition or Steam edition, if steam edition have you changed to a beta branch or had any game updates come down etc?

thanks,
Lewis
I have new windows updates available, but I haven't installed them since the last set at the beginning of summer. Is that my issue? Also, my anti virus (AVG) updates its definitions automatically on a regular basis, so I don't know if that might be the problem. My FSX version is the DVD edition, and I have not done anything with steam, it is straight stock dvd edition fsx+accel. I am running the sim the same way I have for years and since Accufeel was installed on the admin account. I just tried a reinstall and running fsx in admin mode with no luck, same error message. This is super frustrating.....

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Flyer21,

Did you a repair of your FSX installation as suggested above? If I remember correctly, this is possible with the Acceleration DVS, though it's been quite a few years since I used the disk version of the software.
Nick - A2A wrote: 05 Oct 2020, 14:24 However, one thing you could try is inserting the Acceleration DVD and then selecting the option to run a repair on your FSX installation.
Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Flyer21
Airman

Post by Flyer21 »

Nick - A2A wrote: 09 Oct 2020, 02:53 Hello Flyer21,

Did you a repair of your FSX installation as suggested above? If I remember correctly, this is possible with the Acceleration DVS, though it's been quite a few years since I used the disk version of the software.
Nick - A2A wrote: 05 Oct 2020, 14:24 However, one thing you could try is inserting the Acceleration DVD and then selecting the option to run a repair on your FSX installation.
Thanks,
Nick
If I do this, will I have to reinstall all my addons and other utilities? And also, just the Acceleration pack or the sim itself?

Flyer21

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Flyer21 wrote: 09 Oct 2020, 17:34 If I do this, will I have to reinstall all my addons and other utilities? And also, just the Acceleration pack or the sim itself?
Just the Acceleration pack would be worth a try. Without knowing exactly what add-ons you're using I can't answer your first question for sure, but for most add-ons this shouldn't be necessary as generally they won't replace files present in the sim but rather add new ones.

Something else you could try is deleting the FSX.cfg file and allowing the sim to generate a new copy. This will reset your FSX installation to default settings, which is sometimes a helpful in addressing issues such as CTDs.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Flyer21
Airman

Post by Flyer21 »

Nick - A2A wrote: 10 Oct 2020, 04:01
Flyer21 wrote: 09 Oct 2020, 17:34 If I do this, will I have to reinstall all my addons and other utilities? And also, just the Acceleration pack or the sim itself?
Just the Acceleration pack would be worth a try. Without knowing exactly what add-ons you're using I can't answer your first question for sure, but for most add-ons this shouldn't be necessary as generally they won't replace files present in the sim but rather add new ones.

Something else you could try is deleting the FSX.cfg file and allowing the sim to generate a new copy. This will reset your FSX installation to default settings, which is sometimes a helpful in addressing issues such as CTDs.

Thanks,
Nick
I tried deleting the fsx.cfg file, still get the same error on start-up. It seems that the only part of Accufeel that is failing is the A2A_Feel.dll not the Menu which I can still access in the sim, but it has no effects once I turn it on. What's next?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Flyer,

Did you try the FSX repair function?

After the repair of FSX, if that doesnt work, please can you do the following;
-Uninstall Accu-feel
-Then go into the directories and just double check all files are removed, please delete any left overs.
-Then run FSX to make sure it all works ok
-Then restart your system and reinstall Accu-feel

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel Technical Support”