Some issues with Accufeel FSX-SE

Post any technical issues running the product here
new reply
JonP01
Airman

Some issues with Accufeel FSX-SE

Post by JonP01 »

Hi,

As a customer already owning three proper A2A aircraft, I finally decided to get Accufeel yesterday as I still like to fly some of the stock aircraft including the glider, Learjet and Trike. Yes, the Trike...

I've had a few issues that I can't seem to consistently reproduce unfortunately, so I am not expecting much if any help (and I don't blame you at all since I am not going to be much help myself).

First issue is that exactly like another user on these forums previously reported, I have lost my force feedback from my XBox 360 controller after installing Accufeel. That earlier thread did not seem to offer a resolution so I am not sure what happened after the first person reported it. So I am guessing this is an unintended, unexpected and unfortunately coincidental side effect of the software given it has happened to two of us now (and lets face, we are probably the only two people on the planet using XBox 360 controllers with force feedback and accufeel!!). So no biggie if this can't be fixed - it is what it is.

But the second issue I am having is inconsistency in being able to setup aircraft so that only the land option is enabled and nothing else (or in the case of the glider, only certain aspects of the "land" options only). If I go and uncheck the sea and air checkboxes, for example then apply whatever land settings I want for that aircraft, things are fine when I initially test it immediately. But then for no discernible reason, I subsequently lose all the accufeel effects on that particular aircraft from that point going forward. And the only way to get them back at all is to enable everything - air, land and sea - all over again.

So effectively I can't seem to find a reliable and stable way to only have land for some aircraft (Glider, Lear and Trike for what it is worth) and make sure the air and sea are fully disabled. Again, I suppose a partial workaround of sorts might be to just move the air and sea sliders to nothing, but I would have thought just unchecking the boxes would be enough.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Some issues with Accufeel FSX-SE

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

not sure on the xbox controller, whilst they do have the shake on the controller (not what we would call force feedback) I am not sure why Accu-feel would affect this, not sure for example if you are using any extra force feedback software on the sim, as FFB devices do tend to need an extra layer, its not generally supported by FSX out the box as for whatever reason for flight sims FFB just died out.

For the settings not saving, can you confirm if you are running the sim as admin (right click and select run as admin). If not run as admin it could be a case that the files are not getting written correctly and saved between loadings.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

JonP01
Airman

Post by JonP01 »

Thank you. Decided to un-install it, change fsx.exe so as to run as admin then re-install. Now it is saving the settings and oddly (but happily), I even have my force feedback (stick vibration) back on the xBox 360 controller!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good to hear, it might have been some weird permissions thing in windows preventing everything from running correctly.

thanks and happy flying,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel Technical Support”