Another Accufeel v2 installer won't install on W7 64bit OS

Post any technical issues running the product here
new reply
super7
Airman Basic

Another Accufeel v2 installer won't install on W7 64bit OS

Post by super7 »

Looks like I need the other installer for Accufeel v2 using Windows 7 64 bit & the installer mentioned not being able to find my P3Dv4 location ( have it on a separate ssd drive ) Or can this be installed manually ? Do you need anything else from me ? Many thanks J

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Another Accufeel v2 installer won't install on W7 64bit OS

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

first thing to check is that you are trying to install the P3D version of the product into P3D and not the FSX version which will not work in P3D.

thanks,
Lewis- A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Just to add to Lewis' reply, if you're using the correct P3Dv4 installer and it reports it's unable to find your P3D installation, this indicates that the Prepar3D.exe can't be located in the location specified in the Windows registry.

If you've manually moved or renamed any of the P3Dv4 folders after installation, that would be one explanation for this.

Alternatively, it could be due to registry edits cause by a third-party program. In this case, I suggest you try a 'repair' of your P3D installation via the Windows add/remove programs screen.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

super7
Airman Basic

Post by super7 »

Hi I can confirm that I have the correct Accu-Feel 2 p3dv4 Academic that I'm trying to install. I intentionally have my P3dv4 academic on its own ssd drive ( P ) with other p3dv4 associated programs, Separate to my ssd drive (C) which runs my OS system which is windows 7 64 bit professional. I wish to put Accu-Feel 2 p3dv4 academic on the same ssd drive ( p) along side my p3dv4 academic. Many thanks ! J

super7
Airman Basic

Post by super7 »

the message I get is " Accu-Feel v2 can't be installed because a valid installation of Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v4 has not been found on your computer." Other programs I use haven't had the same problem finding my p3dv4 academic installed on (p) ssd drive Thanks J

super7
Airman Basic

Post by super7 »

Nick - A2A wrote: 24 Nov 2019, 18:09 Just to add to Lewis' reply, if you're using the correct P3Dv4 installer and it reports it's unable to find your P3D installation, this indicates that the Prepar3D.exe can't be located in the location specified in the Windows registry.

If you've manually moved or renamed any of the P3Dv4 folders after installation, that would be one explanation for this.

Alternatively, it could be due to registry edits cause by a third-party program. In this case, I suggest you try a 'repair' of your P3D installation via the Windows add/remove programs screen.

Thanks,
Nick
Thanks for reply ! I haven't manually moved or renamed any of the p3dv4 folders after installation. My copy of p3dv4 seems to be running normally with no errors, wouldn't running a repair reset some defaults settings that I have may have tweaked ? ie like hardware & keyboard bindings ? Which I would like to avoid if at all possible !

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the additional info super7.

If you prefer not to run a repair on your P3D installation, are you able to use the 'regedit' tool in Windows to check if the following registry key is present, and if so, what path is contained in it? (To run it, just type 'regedit' in the Windows Start Menu search bar and press enter.)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SetupPath.

It should match your installation directory for P3Dv4, but in your case I suspect there's a problem here. This may occur if you previously reinstalled P3D without restarting. Alternatively, any software which modifies registry entries such as CCleaner can sometimes cause issues.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

super7
Airman Basic

Post by super7 »

Hi Nick thanks for your help on this ! Using regedit I followed the path down to setupPath & it has what seems to be the default setting for p3dv4 ie C:/program files/Lockheed Martin/prepar3d v4 Do I need to manually change this to where my p3dv4 resides ie P:/Lockheed Martin/prepar3d v4 ? Many thanks J

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for checking. Yes, if you manually edit that registry entry to the correct path for your P3D folder, the installation should run successfully. You'll need to use backslashes, so the entry in your case should be "P:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4".

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

super7
Airman Basic

Post by super7 »

HA ! Very well spotted RE backslashes I have a odd keyboard that doesn't seem to have backslashes ( I have to copy & paste one from notepad ) I will try your solution & update Thanks !

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okey doke - thanks and good luck! :)

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

super7
Airman Basic

Post by super7 »

That has sorted out the problem Many Thanks !

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome super7 - hope you like the add-on.

All the best,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel Technical Support”