Accufeel stops working on every PC restart

Post any technical issues running the product here
new reply
LouP
Senior Airman

Accufeel stops working on every PC restart

Post by LouP »

Hi Guys, So I think this is a weird one. I noticed that Accufeel wasn't working so I uninstalled and re-installed it again. And it seemed to be working just fine. I'm a happy camper. I shut down my PC and come back the next day and once again it's not working. So I uninstall and re-install and it's working again. Restart my PC and it's not working once more. I added my A2A add-on folder to the exceptions in AVAST and I did install the program as an administrator. Not sure what I can do next. I read the troubleshooting post but nothing is jumping out at me. I'm running W10 with an i7-8700K and have a GeForce GTX1080 video card.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I would hate to have to uninstall and reinstall with every PC startup.

LouP

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Accufeel stops working on every PC restart

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi LouP,

This is running in P3Dv4.5 going from your previous posts?

Please can you just let us know how you're launching P3D. For example, if you're using any third-party apps that do this, or running as administrator?

Also, what aircraft loads in your default P3D scenario?

One last question: when you say "stops working", please can you just describe in a bit more detail how this manifests itself?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

Hi Nick, Hope all is well. This is with is P3D v4.5. Launching p3D by right clicking on the icon and running as administrator and running the program in VR mode using a Samsung Odysee. Stops working as none of the sound effects work. I am testing it by turning up the volume and checking the open cockpit box. There is a distinct wind noise when it is checked. I suspected something was wrong when I hadn't heard any of the braking effect noises in a long while. When it is working those work fine. I am listening through my speakers and selected that option in accufeel but still nothing (even after a restart as noted in the options menu)

LouP

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the info LouP - that helps a bit to get us started I think.

So just to clarify in terms of the audio playback, you don't use the speakers in the VR headset, but instead the P3D native sounds and the Accu-Feel sound menu are set to play through your PC speakers?

Also, do you know if these speakers are your default Windows playback device?

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

Hi Nick,

Yes I use the speakers and those are my default sound device. When P3d starts up in VR the sound is switched to the Samsung and I need to switch it back to speakers via the windows speaker icon. However, the headset is set as my default communications device (no other option) and ATC plays through the headset along with any multiplayer comms. From what I am reading in various forums, this is a common setup.

LouP

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

Hey Nick,

I tried something different today and started Windows Mixed Reality and switched over to the speakers BEFORE starting up P3D today and that seemed to work. I'll keep you posted.

LouP

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

Well sp much for that solution, it stopped working again. :-(

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hey LouP,

Afraid I don't have any VR hardware, but I'll see if any of the guys who do are able to reproduce this issue.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

Hi Nick,

I'm pretty sure Lewis has a vr set-up.

LouP

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

It'll all be based on that audio setup. If your headset has speakers and is set to change to it mid way through P3D loading then the issue is that your audio is changing devices after its already been set in the software. Accu-feel picks the playback device at start-up. Any changes after this won't work unless things are restarted.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

OK, that makes sense then why it works fir the most part if I start up windows mixed reality and switch to speakers BEFORE I start up P3D. That seems to work with the exception of one time.

LouP

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes that's what I do here for VR. I always start SteamVR and double check that its up and running as I want before launching a game be it P3D or otherwise as I've noticed that the sound sometimes will go to where you want it too but sometimes it wont,... And sometimes it'll play through my desktop speakers + my Valve Index speakers on the headset :mrgreen: That last one is quite good though as it means when we are playing with friends everyone can at least hear what is happening.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel Technical Support”