Accufeel for p3dV4+

Post any technical issues running the product here
new reply
spacescooterdlr
Airman Basic

Accufeel for p3dV4+

Post by spacescooterdlr »

Just purchased and installed per the installation instructions. Installed using the default pathes. P3DV4.3 hangs at the first screen when I try to start it. If I remove AccuFeel, P3DV4.3 starts normally. I get no installation errors during the installation process.

Any suggestions?

Danny
Order #4862 (August 22, 2018)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Accufeel for p3dV4+

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Danny,

Sorry to hear you've had a problem loading the new version of Accu-Feel. Please can you let us know if you have any anti-virus software running during the installation/launch process, and if so from which provider?

Also, please can you let us know which operating system you're using, and any other P3D add-ons you run which you think may be relevant. (I'm thinking stuff like FSUIPC or other software which is loaded when P3D is launched.)

Thanks,
Nick

spacescooterdlr
Airman Basic

Nick - A2A wrote:Hi Danny,

Sorry to hear you've had a problem loading the new version of Accu-Feel. Please can you let us know if you have any anti-virus software running during the installation/launch process, and if so from which provider?

Also, please can you let us know which operating system you're using, and any other P3D add-ons you run which you think may be relevant. (I'm thinking stuff like FSUIPC or other software which is loaded when P3D is launched.)

Thanks,
Nick
Nick:

Operating system is Windows 10.
Addons: FSUIPC, Lorby Addon Manager
Anti-virus: Windows Defender

I turned Windows Defender Real-time protection off to install, but, that made no difference.

Danny

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Danny,

I wonder if the "Lorby Addon Manager" is involved somehow? I don't use this software, but is there any chance it can be disabled for testing?

Nick

spacescooterdlr
Airman Basic

Nick - A2A wrote:Thanks Danny,

I wonder if the "Lorby Addon Manager" is involved somehow? I don't use this software, but is there any chance it can be disabled for testing?

Nick
Nick:

I got it to install and work. This is what I had to do:

1. Installed with Windows Defender Real-time Protection turned off.
2. Once installed: Excluded AccuFeel folder within Windows Defender
3. Performed a restart of the PC

After following this process Accufeel is working.

I hope this helps others who might have a similar issue.

By the way, I had purchase a copy of Accufeel for FSX some time ago. Is there a credit or discount that could have been applied to my purchase of the P3DV4 version? I didn't see one when I went to purchase the P3DV4 version on the A2A site.

Regards,

Danny

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the info Danny.

As you say, hopefully this advice may help others in a similar situation. However, in pre-release testing I don't think there were any reports of Windows Defender or other AV software causing this issue.

I'm afraid there's no discount for owners of the FSX version who wish to purchase the P3D version.

Cheers,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Just to add to Nicks reply. If you purchased anything from the A2A store please go through the migration process, that way you will not only get onto the new store but also get A2A flying hours (Our A2A loyalty scheme) on what you have already purchased which cam be redeemed on future purchases as you see fit. Customers have redeemed thousands in savings already since we launched the new Store earlier this year.

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 23&t=63788

Thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel Technical Support”