------------ Ver 2 FSX TROUBLESHOOTING FAQ -----------------

Post any technical issues running the product here
new reply
Scott - A2A
A2A General

------------ Ver 2 FSX TROUBLESHOOTING FAQ -----------------

Post by Scott - A2A »

Troubleshooting FAQ

Here is the start of a Troubleshooting FAQ for new users. If anyone has anything to add, please just post and we will add it.

REQUIREMENTS
Your Microsoft Flight Simulator X must either up to Microsoft FSX Service Pack 2 or the Microsoft Acceleration expansion pack installed.
If you do not have either, then first install Microsoft Flight Simulator X Service Pack 1:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... aae2f0409e
Then the Service Pack 2:
http://www.fsinsider.com/downloads/Page ... Pack2.aspx
(The Windows user must have ADMIN rights before installing the product)

In Game Settings / Customize
Realism:
Aircraft Stress Causes Damage - UNCHECKED

Microsoft Security Essentials Users
If you have Microsoft Security Essentials, be sure to make the exception as follows:

TROUBLESHOOTING
I get a "Bad Argument #2" error every few minutes
This is a known issue that happens if you move your CLEAR AIR TURBULENCE slider to the extreme right. To fix this make sure you download the latest update (v2.091) here;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 90&t=34173

The FSX Add-On / Accu-Feel Setup pull down menu is missing.
1. Using a text editor like Notepad, open your C:\Users\[YOUR USER NAME]\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml file and verify these entries exist:
(If you cannot find the dll.xml, In WINDOWS, open your CONTROL PANEL / Appearance and Personalization / Folder Options / View / then click on "Show hidden files, folders, and drives)

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>A2A Feel</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Path>Modules\A2A_Feel.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>AccuFeelMenu</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>Modules\AccuFeelMenu.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

2. Open your [FSX Install] / Modules folder and verify that these two dlls are there:
- AccuFeelMenu.dll
- A2A_Feel.dll

NOTE:
When you first ran FSX after installing Accu-Feel, you should have been prompted to load the new DLL. If you didn't receive this prompt, then Accu-Feel is not loading.

3. If you have FSUIPC, re-install FSUIPC. From a customer: "Accufeel and FSUIPC did not show in my menu. Ran FSUIPC4. EXE and both reappeared. FSX asked if I accepted a certain.dll to run and then all went well. Found this solution on another site..."

If the above steps do not resolve the issue, report it here on our forums.

The Accu-Sim control panel is black.
Download and install the latest drivers for your video card (http://www.ati.com or http://www.nvidia.com)

I can open my Accu-Feel Setup Control Panel, but all of my sliders are to the left. Nothing saves.
This means the Accu-Feel module and your copy of FSX are not communicating. This can happen when the SimConnect (Microsoft’s system for communicating with custom programs) is corrupt. Run this Microsoft SimConnect installer to make sure your files are fresh:
http://a2asimulations.com/public/downlo ... onnect.msi

When I run the DirectX Installer in the Accu-Feel setup, it gives me an error.
Try the Microsoft DirectX installer online here:
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35

After installing Accu-Feel, FSX crashes.
We have had just known two reports of this. The following solved both issues:
- Run the Microsoft DirectX installer here: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35
- Run the Microsoft FSX Simconnect installer here: http://a2asimulations.com/public/downlo ... onnect.msi
- Reboot your computer

LAST RESORT
If you are one of the very few experiencing an issue that we have not yet come across, and is therefore not listed in this FAQ, please do the following:

Download and run this utility:
http://a2asimulations.com/public/online ... Dr_A2A.exe

A little black window will appear with a blinking cursor. This will take about 60 seconds or more to complete. Once this is done, you will have a "Dr_A2A_Report" file next to the Dr_A2A.exe program. Email this to doctor[at]a2asimulations.com.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Shuknami
Airman Basic

Re: ------------ Ver 2 TROUBLESHOOTING FAQ -----------------

Post by Shuknami »

Hello Scott.
My name is Julio.
Your post on the Accu-Feel. Initially it was giving myself problems; me the panel neither was appearing in FSX nor was asking me on the .dll when iniaba the malingerer. he problem was that until I did not extract the program Fx-Save, it did not work. Accu-Feel's installed version is the 1. Hitherto, now all good goes. The problem that he me presents is that when I install the update Accu-Feel versión 2 he neither asks for confirmation of the .dll me me the complete control panel does not even appear, in the FSX.
I am grateful for your advices to you.

blaumann
Airman

Post by blaumann »

Greetings, as you stated above: "If the above steps do not resolve the issue, report it here on our forums."

I (still) do not see the dropdown menu. I've ran #1 and #2 of the troubleshooting, and then it says to report it here.

Please let me know where to go from here.

Thank you

aloasby
Airman Basic

Post by aloasby »

I have tried to follow all the above but cannot get the dll's to load.

I have installed from steam FSX and Accu-Feel V2

I have edited the dll.xml file and the dll attempt to load when I run FSX

However they are blocked by windows reported 'unknown publisher' with no option to all me to install them.
Windows reports that the file is blocked becasue it does not have a valid digital signature.

I am running Norton but can find no way to get windows to override this.
I am running Norton so Microsoft virus checker and defender disabled.
I have added the dll's to the Norton exclusion list but this does not stop Microsoft blocking them.

Any help appreciated.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

aloasby wrote:I have tried to follow all the above but cannot get the dll's to load.

I have installed from steam FSX and Accu-Feel V2

I have edited the dll.xml file and the dll attempt to load when I run FSX

However they are blocked by windows reported 'unknown publisher' with no option to all me to install them.
Windows reports that the file is blocked becasue it does not have a valid digital signature.

I am running Norton but can find no way to get windows to override this.
I am running Norton so Microsoft virus checker and defender disabled.
I have added the dll's to the Norton exclusion list but this does not stop Microsoft blocking them.

Any help appreciated.
Hello,

if you can start a new thread with your issue we can start troubleshooting with you. It sounds like your anti-virus is blocking the correct installation. Norton is somewhat known for this and tends not to be used by simmers and gamers due to the issues with blocks. It can be worked around however.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

dcon
Airman

Post by dcon »

I have had this program installed since it came out. It has run with no issues, until today.

In the middle of flying in FSX I had a CTD with a message that the A2A_Feel.dll was at fault.

I uninstalled Accu Feel and then reinstalled. Everything went fine until I clicked YES to install the .dll when I restarted FSX, then FSX CTD'd.

I tried all of the troubleshooting steps indicated on this forum, nothing worked.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

dcon wrote:I have had this program installed since it came out. It has run with no issues, until today.

In the middle of flying in FSX I had a CTD with a message that the A2A_Feel.dll was at fault.

I uninstalled Accu Feel and then reinstalled. Everything went fine until I clicked YES to install the .dll when I restarted FSX, then FSX CTD'd.

I tried all of the troubleshooting steps indicated on this forum, nothing worked.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Hello,

it'd be best to start a new thread so we can better help you. A reinstall of software is normally totally advised against without first troubleshooting, as you found out it can cause more frustration and time than needed to fix otherwise, in particular if it was just a one off platform crash that doesn't need any troubleshooting but just a system restart.

thanks,
Lewis

magicands
Airman Basic

Re: ------------ Ver 2 FSX TROUBLESHOOTING FAQ -----------------

Post by magicands »

I have been using Accu-feel but following an FSX uninstall and reinstall it no longer functions correctly.
The accu-feel menu appears in the add ons of FSX and I can access the menu and change sliders and save the settings, all appears to function as normal but there are now NO sounds being created at all and I am back to the default FSX sounds?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: ------------ Ver 2 FSX TROUBLESHOOTING FAQ -----------------

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello

can you please start a new thread so we can troubleshoot and help get you up ad running.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel Technical Support”