Water in P3Dv4.4. Need a comparison

Add a touch of Accu-Sim to your simulation
new reply
Brian Smith
Airman

Water in P3Dv4.4. Need a comparison

Post by Brian Smith »

I fly a lot of float planes in prepar3d v4.4. I’m not totally satisfied with the native physics, but I’ve also noticed I get wave motion based on weather in prepar3d like it looks in the accu-feel video so I’m not sure I’m going to get $20 worth out of the product. Can someone tell me how much of a difference it makes over the stock prepar3d?
ImageImageImageImage

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Water in P3Dv4.4. Need a comparison

Post by Paughco »

Check out Robin Takolander's video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b4Q-f-TlOo.

And the A2A demo video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ9YGMr7SnY.

I think it's worth it. I don't have much amphib time, but I like Accu-Feel. I use it on my MJ C-47, which is just about the only non-A2A aircraft I fly.

Seeya
ATB
Last edited by Paughco on 28 Feb 2019, 18:47, edited 1 time in total.

Hook
Master Sergeant

Re: Water in P3Dv4.4. Need a comparison

Post by Hook »

I can't speak for the wave physics in v4, but Accu-Feel adds a lot more than that. I wouldn't fly without it. It is one of those things that you may not notice much difference until you get used to it then turn it off.

I did a Caribbean water landing in P3Dv2.5 in the Goose with Accu-Feel and encountered waves of appropriate size. In fact, the waves were so high (with 20 knot winds) that it made landing problematic. You can adjust this in Accu-Feel if you think it is too much. I didn't test to see if there was a wave shadow in the lee of islands or in inland water.

I'd done a lot of sailing in Vehicle Simulator and had to calculate wave height based on wind speed and fetch distance and oceanic waves are a lot higher than you'd expect. I was surprised to see Accu-Feel giving me the right size waves.

Hook

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel General Discussion”