Accu-Feel P3D v4

Add a touch of Accu-Sim to your simulation
BG2518
Airman

Re: Accu-Feel P3D v4

Post by BG2518 »

Lewis,

"can you not just change your settings as I suggested which is what would have to happen when devices are plugged in and out of the system anyway?"

No, for 2 reasons:

1) I choose to have my default sound output to Realtek High Definition Audio as this is an analogue device output (the green 3.5mm jack) that my Throne Thumper requires to provide seat vibrations and that must be retained at all times ready and available so when I switch on the unit amplifier I get immediate response. As I said, I use the Stereo Mix feature of Win 10 (Recording Tab) to split this sound to my digital Bose 2.1 audio system.

2) I happily have my Oculus VR plugged in 100% of the time which only activates when I wear the unit (as you will know). This has been the case since Xmas (6 months) with no issues. So there is no plugging/unplugging to be done and thus no need to visit the sound control panel.

"As a VR user unless I keep everything plugged in and powered at all times which is asking for issues then I must always open the mixer and check and change the settings as needed. Its a simple tick box and apply before starting the sim/game/software."

Oculus have no problem with this as far as I can see and certainly don't as you can see. If I change the sound output default from Realtek High Definition Audio to Rift then I lose my Throne Thumper and thus no seat vibrations. Do you understand this? The user must be able to choose what and where their sound goes without disabling other outputs. P3Dv4 does this because it gives the user the option of deciding where aircraft and environment sound goes to independently of the default system sound setting.

"Maybe in the future we will add a system option but this will not negate the need to check and change your system defaults when plugging in and powering on new devices from the last load. aka a VR HMD."

I'm glad you are better appreciating this now but you are still wrong thinking that the user has any need whatsoever to go to the system default sounds settings for anything other than your A2A sounds.

That is the whole point Lewis. When you force your users to do this when no other app does then you become the jailer as you have the key to the unification of aircraft/environmental sounds.

Please, please understand that if you simply followed what the user wants via the parent app i.e. P3Dv4 then you have completely negated anyone's need to play with or change the system default sounds setting.

I do thank you for your help and really hope I have made this clear.

I am really trying......

You can tell by the complete lack of CAPS (bugger it did it right at the last knocking)

:)

Take care.

BG2518-Bob

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Bob,

if you where to use more sound devices or turn your VR off and on you will find that I am not wrong. My own working example I mention and years technical experience in this industry is also on my side here. There are a lot of reasons to check and change that setting including simple things as plugging in a web cam which is exactly why its so easy to do in a windows OS.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

BG2518
Airman

Post by BG2518 »

Hi Lewis,

Oh well, I tried.

BG2518-Bob.

ludo1426
Airman

Post by ludo1426 »

Hello,

Any news about this Release for P3D v.4 ?

Thank you.

higgy_de
Airman

Post by higgy_de »

nothing :(

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

no news at the moment.

thanks,
Lewis

YoYo
Staff Sergeant

Post by YoYo »

So.... its a long time but something more about 64bits Accu feel?
http://yoyosims.pl/
W10, i9 9900K, RTX 3090, RAM32Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3200MHz, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] HP Reverb v2, VR fly only

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey YoYo,

it'll be released when we can get it out. Sooner rather than later.

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel General Discussion”