Sim Avionics Compatability

Add a touch of Accu-Sim to your simulation
new reply
HarryZ
Airman Basic

Sim Avionics Compatability

Post by HarryZ »

I have a full sized 737NG cockpit from Flight Deck Solutions which is run by Sim Avionics software. The 737 A/C that Sim A provides is quite specific to the operation of the sim. Does anyone know if A2A Land and Sea will work OK with this setup. I haven't been able to get any response from other forums related to Sim Avionics.
Thanks.

Harry

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Sim Avionics Compatability

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Harry,

We certainly haven't tested Accu-Feel with this product: obviously this is quite a niche level of hardware we're talking about.

However, if the software side is effectively a regular simobject, albeit one without a 3-D modelled virtual cockpit, I think Accu-Feel should work in terms of providing additional sound effects. However, the more visual side of thing (ground physics, vibrations and turbulence effects etc.) may not have the same effect if there's no virtual cockpit.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

HarryZ
Airman Basic

Post by HarryZ »

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the reply.

The 737-800 that operates within Sim A has its own sound files, separate from those sound files that are part of the instrument avionics array. So A2A's sound enhancement should work OK. The A/C operates like other jets in P3D albeit with tweaks so it's optimized within Sim A's parameters. There is a virtual cockpit but one turns that off that visual because there is no need for it when you have full hardware instrumentation in front of you. I also use ASN as my weather generator so what can I expect in terms of turbulence etc from Land & Sea?

Harry

HarryZ
Airman Basic

Post by HarryZ »

Hi Nick,

Have now run the program for over a week and have not had any negative effects. The turbulence feature is decent as is the bouncing down the runway during take-off and landing. Adds a fair amount of realism. Taxiing bounce is better as well.

Was flying CYVR-CYYC at 37000 ft and listening to real live ATC. A number of A/C around this flight level were asking ATC to go lower as there was moderate turbulence. I decided to stay at 37000 and sure enough soon ran into moderate turbulence which A2A through ASN and remained at this level because I wanted to see just how it depicted the chop. Quite realistic! So I'm glad that I purchased A2A Land and Sea as gives more realism to the sim experience.

Harry

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel General Discussion”