P40 install problem

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Kiwiflier
Airman Basic

P40 install problem

Post by Kiwiflier »

Hi I recently installed the complimentary P40 to my FSX Steam and found it has very limited capability including no retracts or flap operation. It has also trashed my AT6 settings which I have spent many hours with and has been performing perfectly. Should I uninstall both aircraft and reinstall perhaps the AT6 only

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: P40 install problem

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Kiwiflier.
I have both these in my FSX+Acceleration without any issues , my controls go through FSUIPC payed version .
With regard to the issues you are having , please give as much info as possible to help A2A and comunity to find the cause of your issues.
1/ when you installed the P40 , did you then update it.
2/ with regards to gear and flaps , read the manual , the gear and flaps have two ways to extend and retract , and the levers are 3 position levers DOWN/NEUTRAL/UP then you either hit the switch on top of control stick to run hyd pump or you operate the manual normal or emergency hyd levers to the right of the pilot , to pump the gear and flaps up or down .
regards Alan. 8)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Kiwiflier,

Yes, as Alan says, the first thing to check is did you run the Accu-Sim update after installing the P-40? If not, that's the next step.

Alan is also right on the money with the gear and flap operation. Quite a few folks new to the P-40 don't take the time to get acquainted with the aircraft's quite unusual electrically-operated hydraulic system which is faithfully reproduced here.

This video gives a quick overview.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

There is also a setting in the panels that keeps the hydraulic solenoid turned on by default. It's a cheat but for many of us it is a necessary one.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

new reply

Return to “P-40 Tech Support”