Need a little help with the rudder/steering

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Slick09
Airman

Need a little help with the rudder/steering

Post by Slick09 »

I'm new to the A2A warbirds, been using the C182, Piper, and the Bo, but just got the P-40 going and i have a question. When the aircraft is stationary and i push the rudder pedals left or right I can see the rudder move in the corresponding direction, but if the aircraft has even the tiniest bit of forward motion pushing the rudder pedals does not move the rudder. Once in the air the rudder pedals move the rudder as expected but on the ground no luck. Watching the rudder in the mirror, i can actually see the rudder snap back to the central position once the aircraft starts to move. Someone suggested i check the autorudder setting in P3Dv5 (sorry forgot to put that in earlier). I am definitely not using autorudder. I have my controls calibrated through FSUIPC (paid version). None of the other A2A aircraft or PMDG aircraft are showing this tendency, just the P-40. Anyway I hope you guys have some ideas of things i can try. Once i sort this out, i have to add the mustang to my stable.

Richard

Slick09
Airman

Re: Need a little help with the rudder/steering

Post by Slick09 »

No need to do anything here I just figure the problem out. I had copied the FSUIPC profile over from the PMDG aircraft and I forgot to disable teh tiller axis. And the tiller axis has a rudder dampening effect at low taxi speeds. Anyway i disabled it and it's all good now.

Richard

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Need a little help with the rudder/steering

Post by Nick - A2A »

Glad you've found the culprit Richard. Yes, when using FSUIPC, it's always one of the first things to look at more closely should you encounter unexpected behaviour related to flight controls and so forth.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “P-40 Tech Support”