P40 installed but not working (P3Dv5.1 HF1)

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
gerod
Airman Basic

P40 installed but not working (P3Dv5.1 HF1)

Post by gerod »

Hello,
I installed the P40 Academic from Orbx Central. Everything was OK. The aircraft was correctly displayed after it has been selected but just at the beginning of scenery loading it disappeared from the screen with the label "no preview available". At the end of the scenery loading there was a CTD. What did I wrong or what was missing ?
Thank you very much for explanation.
Best regards

ps Accu feel is installed (also from Orbx)
MB ASUSTUF Z390-PLUS GAMING, core i9-9900KF, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA RTX 3070, SSD 1 TB, HDD 2 TB, W11 PRO
(FSX-SE, P3Dv6, XP11.55, XP12, AFS2, AFS4, FG, MSFS2020)

gerod
Airman Basic

Re: P40 installed but not working (P3Dv5.1 HF1)

Post by gerod »

Hello,
I read in the forum that for solving this problem the solution was to rename the windshield.dll file. What I did and it is OK now for this problem. Another problem is now that the gear cannot be retracted after take-off: it remains in an intermediate position and cannot be modified. Is this another consequence of v5 ?
Best regards
MB ASUSTUF Z390-PLUS GAMING, core i9-9900KF, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA RTX 3070, SSD 1 TB, HDD 2 TB, W11 PRO

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

Please can we go back as the windscreen thing is an older thing that shouldnt be needed anymore.

Please can you let us know your system and specs, how you loaded, did you restart the PC after installation, any other third party software such as weather engines being run?

Please also let us know how you load into the sim, for example you shouldnt use a complex aircraft simulation (This includes the whole Accu-sim range) as a default flight as that can corrupt the first load.

thanks,
Lewis- A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello gerod,

We've investigated this issue and it seems that Orbx have mistakenly included the P3Dv4 version of the Windshield.dll in the P3Dv5 install. We'll be in touch with them and I'm sure they'll be able to correct this issue soon. In the meantime, if you wish to, you can manually replace the Windshield.dll with this copy.

For the landing gear issue, are you running the manual hydraulic pump as described in the manual? The P-40 is a bit more hands-on than other aircraft you may be used to.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

gerod
Airman Basic

Post by gerod »

Hello,
Thank you very much for answering. I have added my configuration in the signature. The P40 was taken from Orbx Central and the installation done from their internal procedure. A restart of the PC was made after the installation. The only addons I added to P3Dv5 are sceneries and some airplanes from Carenado. In fact I had not fully realized that flying A2A aircrafts was much more complex than others and I have a lot of things to learn and understand.
Best regards

gerod
Airman Basic

Post by gerod »

Hello,
With the Windshield.dll file you sent there is no problem now, thank you very much. Concerning the gear it is also OK, but I have to train, with the hydraulic pump.
Best regards

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update gerod - good to hear you're sorted. We've contacted Orbx and I understand they've corrected the Windshield.dll install logic within Orbx Central.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

achimvdg
Airman

Post by achimvdg »

gerod wrote: 14 Dec 2020, 07:08 Hello,
I installed the P40 Academic from Orbx Central. Everything was OK. The aircraft was correctly displayed after it has been selected but just at the beginning of scenery loading it disappeared from the screen with the label "no preview available". At the end of the scenery loading there was a CTD. What did I wrong or what was missing ?
Thank you very much for explanation.
Best regards

ps Accu feel is installed (also from Orbx)
Hi I cant fine how to post a new topic but I am, running P3DV5.1 and downloaded the P40 All looks great but I do NOT get the engine started. Control E does not work also not the short cut on my joystick ( I only see suction meter moves and drops again) . Manually I cant start it either. How can I get this plane up and running
I now also see in maintenace hanger e[/u]verything is red and I can not change anything so this must be the reason that plane does not start at all !!! Anyonje know how to fix this ?
Achim

achimvdg
Airman

Post by achimvdg »

Sorry new here so I hope someone can help I installed the P40 but can not start the plane in P3D V5.1
In maintenance hanger I see everything is marked red so probably I have to repair everything. But I can not activate anything in the hanger, overhaul button does not react. Or I do something wrong or it doesnt work. Hope some can help me else I have to reinstall this nice plane .
Thanks in advance foryour help

Achim
edited out email admin

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

please can you start a new topic so we can better help you. Please do let us know what platform you are using and as many details about your setup as possible. Every little bit helps us potentially find any issue you might be having.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Hi

Welcome to the forum
Not a good idea to post your email address as the forum is open to all. A2A only provide support here on the forum. I think you need to be approved to make a new thread. Just be a little patient :a2a: Support is the best. I'm sure Nick and Lewis will have you up and running(flyin??) shortly

Lewis: P3Dv5.1
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

new reply

Return to “P-40 Tech Support”